Sr Accountant, Operations Finance
Job Description Summary
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
Our vision for Finance at BD
BD Finance is a world-class team that is recognized as a valued partner to all areas of the business. It is our task to provide exceptional financial management, enabled by the most efficient processes and the most robust financial systems.
About the role
As the Senior Accountant, Operations Finance, you will provide Financial/Accounting support for the BD EU ISD business, specifically Almaraz Manufacturing plant and collaborate with the rest of the ISD Operations network in Europe. You will maintain accounting and reporting procedures resulting in accurate product costs and manufacturing performance reporting and ensures product inventories and manufacturing assets are adequately safeguarded and financial reporting. Promote change, as needed, to ensure compliance to GAAP/SOX, reviewing and delivering recommendations for continuous improvement, and clearly communicating relevant financial information to executive management.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Leads all aspects of all planning, reporting, and analysis of Standard Product Costing, Manufacturing Variances, Inventory, CAPEX and its component parts.
- Strong partnership with local accounting team to ensure accuracy and compliance
- Developing standard costs and maintaining fixed assets
- Ensuring reserves are calculated appropriately
- Ensuring manufacturing performance is accurately reported
- Maintain business visibility to all risks & opportunities in the manufacturing space
- Quarterly forecasting and annual Budgeting
- Partners with the Manufacturing Directors and Plant LT to optimize finance related operational decisions, ensure appropriate financial/accounting, introduce process control as needed, and safeguard company assets.
We are looking for someone with Bachelor´s Degree in Accounting or Finance, with at least 3 years of relevant dynamic accounting / finance experience in a manufacturing environment: manufacturing operations, product costing, manufacturing variances and inventory control, financial analysis, COGS, CAPEX, and budgeting & forecasting experience will be a plus.
To be successful in this role, you require:
- Proven record of improving controls and influencing decisions through accounting knowledge and data driven financial analysis.
- Knowledge of corporate accounting policies and procedures, and GAAP.
- Driven, proactive and seeks continuous improvement.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, matrixed, exciting environment with strong attention to detail.
- Organized with good analytical skills.
- Fluent in English.
- Experience with the use of ERPs (SAP and SAGE X3).
- Ability to travel, approx. 2-3 times a year.
Click on apply if this sounds like you!
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, or any other protected status.
To learn more about BD visit https://emea.jobs.bd.com/
Primary Work LocationESP Almaraz - Ctra. Nacional
Recommendto a friend
"I like being able to make a difference. Working at BD is an opportunity where the products save lives every day."
Current Employee - Anonymous, Limerick