Senior Market Access Manager, EMEA – Peripheral Intervention
Job Description Summary
Senior Market Access Manager, EMEA – Peripheral Intervention
Location: Any European BD office
A superb, wide-ranging Market Access career development role with BD, a global leader in Medical Technology.
BD is a global medical technology company focused on improving drug therapies, enhancing the quality and speed of diagnosing infectious diseases, and advancing research and discovery of new drugs and vaccines. BD provides an environment which enables our highly talented workforce to be the best at their professions. We are always seeking people who have a passion and commitment to join our Company on its journey to ‘advancing the world of health’.
As the Peripheral Intervention (PI) Market Access lead for the EMEA region, you will play a leadership role in formulating market access strategies for the EMEA markets.
You will lead the regional collaboration with the Global Market Access function to localize the global market access strategy to ensure PI products like WavelinQ secure market access and payment while positioning the company for delivering meaningful value proposition to all regional stakeholders.
You also will play integral part in EMEA new product development planning by bringing the market access perspective to the table.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Global Market Access and Payment Policy with a dotted line to the PI Business Unit director, you will be responsible for developing and leading a comprehensive market access and payer value strategy for the PI business in the EMEA region to ensure commercial success.
This position involves a significant level of autonomy and requires an entrepreneurial individual who is willing and able to be highly involved in both operational and strategic level
- Support the global market access leader and PI BU director by applying a deep understanding of regional/country-level reimbursement trends, policies and guidelines and establishing/executing on a strategic market access vision for the PI EMEA business
- Lead the development of the regional market access and payer value strategy to include the proactive identification of critical issues, opportunities and key evidence needs to support the payer value proposition
- Lead a broad scope of market access initiatives to formulate a “winning” market access and payer value strategy to include: Payer and pricing research (when necessary), landscape assessments, market access and value strategy workshops, payer advisory boards and stakeholder engagement planning and execution.
- Lead the regional engagement of external market access audiences including payors, policy makers and appropriate in-country experts at the national, regional and local level.
- Partner with key cross functional groups (medical affairs, commercial teams, regulatory, HEOR) to identify and resolve payment issues that may be barriers to product market access.
- Closely collaborate with country affiliates to localize and tactically execute the market access strategy including HTA submissions and local market access initiatives at the institutional level
- Lead the development of regional market access tools for use at the local level to include: payer value presentations, value dossiers
- Work closely with the regulatory, clinical, commercial and HEOR teams to ensure understanding and alignment across the market access strategy
- Serve as a key partner with evidence generation functions (Medical affairs, HEOR) to help shape data and evidence to build and implement optimal market access
- Develop and maintain up-to-date knowledge and expertise of payers and payer systems across the region to build and maintain a solid understanding of external dynamics and trends in pricing, payment and health technology assessment
- Support field team (medical affairs and sales) in identifying clinician advocates (KOLs) to support and further initiatives impacting payers, associations and government policy
Experience and Education:
- A minimum of 2-4 years of high-level experience developing, communicating and delivering market access strategies across Europe, particularly the EU5
- Broad market access experience across the majority of the four main market access domains: Opportunity assessment and landscaping, Payer value strategy development, Payment pathway strategic planning and Payer stakeholder engagement
- A commercial and solutions mindset is essential with demonstrated ability to tie market access strategy development into commercial performance. Prior commercial (sales/marketing) experience is preferred
- Existing relationships with key decision makers within various payer segments within region is desirable
- Must be able to work independently with minimal oversight and direction, to anticipate needs from leadership and other stakeholders, and to balance multiple and often diverse priorities in order to align on a strategic and appropriate plan
- Ability to communicate effectively and lead without authority in a highly matrixed environment encompassing a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders
- Analytical, problem solving and persuasive abilities to develop and implement regional strategic plans
- Excellent oral and written communication capabilities that have been leveraged with external customers, internal stakeholders and senior leadership
- Excels in a fast-paced, results-driven, highly accountable environment where you can make a clear impact
- Position will require frequent travel within territory and individual will need to reside near a major airport within territory. Exact location flexible
- Prior experience in developing market access strategies for medical devices preferred but not required. Pharmaceutical market access experience will also be strongly considered
- BA/BS degree required, MBA, Advanced degree or other equivalent experience preferred
To ensure the safety of our associates, BD supports remote work where possible. This position is based in the listed location, but is temporarily remote-based due to Covid-19. We are continuing to monitor the situation and follow local governmental guidance to advise when is the right time and safe for our associates to return to their BD work location.
It’s a superb, all-round Market Access career development role with a world leader in medical devices. So if this describes you and your aspirations, then please click on the APPLY button.
Interested in a career with BD, but this position doesn’t fit your skills and experience? Join our Talent Pool here: https://emea.jobs.bd.com/#jobs-alerts-wrapper
Primary Work LocationGBR Crawley
Additional LocationsBEL Olen, CHE Eysins - Business Park Terre-Bonne, DEU Karlsruhe, ESP Barcelona, FRA Parkile, ITA Milano - Via Enrico Cialdini, SWE Helsingborg - Rönnowsgatan
Recommendto a friend
"I like being able to make a difference. Working at BD is an opportunity where the products save lives every day."
Current Employee - Anonymous, Limerick