Junior Events Coordinator
Job Description Summary
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Junior Events Coordinator to join our Events team based in Crawley. This is an exciting opportunity for a graduate who would like to move into their first employment.
This position is within the Marketing department of BD, a large medical technology corporation who lead and support with multiple customer-focused training and external promotional events and projects across Europe.
The role involves a good amount of European travel (once permitted), with some evening and weekend work compulsory. Key characteristics required are attention to detail, organisational and strong interpersonal skills.
The ideal candidate should have some experience working in a similar high profile and dynamic role, must be highly organised, show dedication, be a confident team player, have excellent IT skills, and a willingness to learn.
To support the Marketing Service team as part of the European Events, reporting to the European Events Manager
- Organising or supporting the management of European events including planning, logistics, delivery and financial monitoring.
- Organising trade show stands, workshops and teaching courses in the UK and Europe which includes hotel reservations, transfers, flights, course books and liaison with senior officials and venues
- Stay abreast with virtual event platforms and best practices
- Support team in delivering virtual events, including webinars from start to finish.
- Oversee departmental shipping requests for assigned events – some heavy lifting is required
- Liaison with external stakeholders, suppliers and congresses, pre-event planning and preparation of meeting venues
- Provide and manage accurate and efficient rooming lists and event registrations and manage cancellation deadlines
- Preparing invitations and selecting venues for customer dinners
- Working with senior team members on managing cross charging and budgeting updates for all events – excellent attention to detail required
- Coordination of contracts, key clauses and payment terms
- Supporting the negotiating process (rates/contracts) and liaison with venues and suppliers
- Post event evaluation and financial reconciliation
- Preparation of announcements to divisions of forthcoming events and creating internal awareness of events (pre and post)
- Aid and manage the running of meetings/events as agreed with the European Event Manager
- Help in compiling reports, or any other such documents required on any event or project
- Other ad hoc requests as requested by the European Event Manager
We are looking for a highly motivated candidate who would like to start their career in a progressive company. You should have previous experiences in working within an office environment.
The ideal candidate will have excellent attention to detail, with an organised and methodical approach and should be easy going, with a can-do attitude – even when working under pressure in order to meet set deadlines.
You should be willing to learn and show dedication to go the extra mile if needed. We are looking for a candidate who has the ability to manage own workload and prioritise tasks to ensure all deadlines are met.
In addition, you should be a proactive forward thinker that can multitask and be a team player who also has the ability to work on his/her own initiative. Good MS Office skills are required for this role.
Primary Work LocationGBR Crawley
Recommendto a friend
"I like being able to make a difference. Working at BD is an opportunity where the products save lives every day."
Current Employee - Anonymous, Limerick