National Sales Manager PI
Job Description SummaryAn exciting opportunity for a National Sales Manager has arisen within the PI Business Unit. The successful candidate will be responsible for driving growth across the Peripheral Artery Disease (PAD) portfolio. These products provide significant growth opportunities for BD and there are many opportunities to deliver a successful performance due to unique and effective technologies.
National Sales Manager PAD
Becton, Dickinson and Company (BD) is a global medical technology company that is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD leads in patient and health care worker safety and the technologies that enable medical research and clinical laboratories.
BD Interventional is a worldwide segment that is a leading multinational developer, manufacturer and marketer of innovative, life-enhancing medical technologies in the fields of vascular, urology, oncology and surgical specialty products. Founded more than 100 years ago, we pioneered many devices that are now the cornerstones of modern healthcare.
We expect the highest levels of quality, integrity, service, and innovation from our employees – on the job and in the communities in which we work and live. In return, we foster an environment where individuals are treated with fairness and respect, and feel valued, acknowledged and rewarded.
As an ambitious, entrepreneurial and growing business, BD Interventional is the natural home for driven, ethical and accountable people that want to get noticed, make things happen and enjoy the rewards they truly deserve. Our people are independent and critical thinkers that thrive on the challenge of delivering sustainable growth and live by our values. At BD, your commitment and hunger for results will enable you to achieve more, grow more and be more.
OUR PROMISES TO YOU
At BD we want you to be entrepreneurial, enterprising & accountable – you’re trusted to run your own area and create your own solutions. We have a direct link between results and reward - great achievements merit great rewards. Expect a fast pace, change and growth - you’ll be busy, challenged and never bored! You can make a real impact and get noticed, we have a flat structure and accessible senior management. We ask that you think inclusively with a mindset that enjoys working across functions and divisions, sharing diverse cultures, perspectives and capabilities to find superior solutions for our business, our shareholders, our customers and the patients we serve.
SUMMARY OF POSITION WITH GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES
An exciting opportunity for a National Sales Manager has arisen within the PI Business Unit. The successful candidate will be responsible for driving growth across the Peripheral Artery Disease (PAD) portfolio.. These products provide significant growth opportunities for BD and there are many opportunities to deliver a successful performance due to unique and effective technologies.
- Responsible for PAD PI UK annual budget
- Drive sales of new products, and key growth drivers
- Direct management of sales team
- Implementation of divisional strategy and alignment of sales strategies to market trends and new product opportunities
- Organise and coordinate all UK based trade exhibitions
- Drive the adoption of business technologies, tools and initiatives to improve performance effectiveness throughout the sales team
- Control of operating expenditure
- Forecasting, budgeting and target setting
- Conduct regular business reviews with sales people and provide coaching & feedback to optimise ongoing performance
- Build close working relationships with range of contacts, including key opinion leaders, societies and educational bodies within the industry and UK and European work colleagues
- Support Strategic Business Management Team in developing customer partnerships
- Maintain a high level of technical competence within the vascular disease state and be able to anticipate future clinical and business trends and opportunities
- Collaborate with Market Access team to identify and develop growth opportunities.
- Ideally educated to degree level, MBA desirable.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- The candidate should ideally have experience within the Vascular Disease space
- Comfortable working in a Radiology and Operating theatre environment and fully cognoscente with etiquette regarding their presence in surgery and the implications of the sterile field
- Good understanding of the NHS and full appreciation of the impact of Governmental policies to Bard vascular business
- Be able to demonstrate proven, consistent success in a medical device sales/sales management role over a significant period
- Educated to degree level and able to rapidly grasp a thorough understanding of complex anatomy and surgical intervention
- Highly developed interpersonal skills
- Preferably with experience in sales management or, as a minimum, evidence of successful peer mentorship
- User and advocate of new technology and modern business tools
- Strong influencer, negotiator & communicator
- Able to work in partnership with colleagues and customers alike
- Hard working, creative, inspiring with a can do attitude
- Technically proficient and credible
Has a global perspective
Takes broad view when approaching issues using a global lens. Understands implications of decisions on people and markets.
Possesses a strategic mindset
Sees ahead to future possibilities and translates them into breakthrough strategies
Drives results & accountability
Consistently achieves results, even under tough circumstances. Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments
Creates new & better ways for the organization to be successful
Optimizes diverse talent
Hires & develops diverse talent to meet personal career goals & organizational goals by recognizing the value that different perspectives & cultures bring
Maintains customer focus
Builds strong internal & external customer relationships & delivers customer-centric solutions. Pays attention to, adapts & is responsive to customer needs.
Makes sense of complex, high quality & sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems
Creates a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives
Viewed as open, honest & truthful, saying what needs to be said. Is self-aware, balanced & fair. Is trusted & trustworthy.
Builds partnerships, works collaboratively, and effectively engages cross functionally with others to meet shared objectives
Maintains functional competence
Demonstrates appropriate job knowledge & required skills for position & function. Applies knowledge & skill appropriately toward the accomplishment of objectives.
Primary Work LocationGBR Crawley
Recommendto a friend
"I like being able to make a difference. Working at BD is an opportunity where the products save lives every day."
Current Employee - Anonymous, Limerick