Project Procurement Manager Life Sciences
Job Description Summary
BD Kiestra B.V. is part of Becton, Dickinson and Company. With more than 65,000 colleagues in 150+ countries, our goal is to improve healthcare. We do this with technical automation solutions which transforms microbiology, making laboratories more efficient and allowing clinicians to provide better care for patients.
Are you passionate about procurement? Are you a true negotiator and do you love to work on projects?
As the Project Procurement Manager Life Sciences you are accountable to the Procurement and Operations leadership team for the end-to-end procurement process and all related procurement deliverables. On a strategic in-sourcing program for the manufacturing and testing of one of BD`s next-generation electromechanical core instruments of our growing Life Sciences business.
You represent the Procurement function on the cross-functional program core team, led by Operations, and are closely collaborating with and engaging the current instrument manufacturer, the global category management community, the operative site purchasing team as well as stakeholders from other functions to ensure the business requirements are incorporated in the procurement process and the deliverables are being met.
While respecting the overall timeline and sustaining character of the program, you will optimise the instrument sourcing plan to meet the program cost targets and de-risk the supply chain. In this role as the Project Procurement Manager Life Sciences you are also supporting make vs. buy and DfM reviews for sub-assemblies of the instrument as needed and is leveraging the program investigations to fill a pipeline of incremental cost reduction opportunities and other benefits that could be addressed subsequent to program completion in contribution to BD`s continuous improvement efforts.
You will report to the Procurement Associate Director EMI EMEA & International Infusion in BD`s Global Procurement organization
What Part Will You Play?
- Building an effective virtual team and stakeholder relationships to enable Procurement and program success.
- Ensuring effective, accurate and timely communication across the wider procurement team and driving team accountability.
- Collaborating closely with other core team members for continuous alignment and being Procurement`s voice in the program.
- Reporting to the program manager and Procurement and Operations senior leaders on Procurement performance.
- Stipulating and gathering cross-functional business requirements as input to sourcing plan development.
- Developing sourcing plan and costed bill of material in close collaboration with category managers and site purchasing, whilst maximizing use of BD preferred suppliers.
- Planning, coordinating and monitoring execution of end-to-end procurement process and related activities from sourcing to supplier selection, to supplier onboarding, to prototype deliveries and serial launch.
- Leading sourcing events including bidding, negotiation and contracting efforts across a variety of spend categories and in close alignment with supplier relationship owners.
- Researching supply market and sourcing new suppliers where BD preferred supply base is no fit.
- Providing site purchasing with required data to enable supplier set up and parts ordering.
- Engaging suppliers in cross-functional meetings to review BD requirements, DfM implications, supplier capabilities and any risks / opportunities raised by suppliers.
- Identifying and raising program level risks to core team and providing recommendations to mitigate.
- Supporting make vs. buy decisions at sub-assembly level.
- Understanding and supporting optimization of total cost of goods sold of the instrument product line, beyond just material low cost.
- Managing the current instrument manufacturer with regards to day-to-day activities through the design and manufacturing process transfer.
As our future colleague
- You have a bachelor`s degree in business, supply chain management or in a related field.
- You have a minimum 3 years of strategic procurement work experience, preferably in a project environment.
- You have preferably a solid understanding of electro-mechanical and mechanical categories (plastics, pneumatics, sheet metal, precision machining, cable harnesses, sensors, motors etc.) from a role as category manager, lead buyer, R&D procurement manager or similar.
- You have advanced project management skills with demonstrated experience in managing scope and schedule from planning to initiation through closure.
- You have a track record of effective negotiation planning and skillful negotiating in particular with regards to supplier business awards and contract negotiations.
- You are a critical thinker and have demonstrated experience in using applicable sourcing tools with strong reasoning when making sourcing recommendations to senior leaders.
- You have the willingness and ability to perform both hands-on execution work and strategic planning work with advise to program core team.
- You have strong influencing and communication skills and are comfortable within a highly matrixed, international organization.
- You are able to deal with ambiguity, complexity and working under pressure with tight timelines!
- You have leadership skills to build an effective team and maintain motivation and results throughout program duration.
- You have a willingness to travel up to 30% of time, subject to development of global pandemic and local regulations.
- You are business proficient in Dutch and English.
What we can offer:
- Become part of a team that makes a meaningful contribution to global healthcare, saving and improving the lives of people around the world.
- Unlimited possibilities for further development of your career, nationally and internationally.
- Improving competences through the BD University.
- The opportunity to participate in international volunteer programs!
- A fixed term contract for 2 years.
Do you recognize yourself in the above points? Then you could just become our new colleague!
Primary Work LocationNLD Drachten - Marconilaan
Recommendto a friend
"I like being able to make a difference. Working at BD is an opportunity where the products save lives every day."
Current Employee - Anonymous, Limerick