Sr. Manager IT Business Partner – BI, Insights, & Analytics
Job Description SummaryThe role of Sr. Manager IT Business Partner – BI, Insights, & Analytics for the Central Team is to serve as the business partner for the Integrated Supply Chain data analytics team. This individual will have in-depth knowledge of Technology, BI, and Innovation solution offerings that are available to TGS' internal customers and will partner with the Integrated Supply Chain to ensure that all their reporting and analytics requirements are delivered through these solutions. This individual will be responsible for continually identifying opportunities and driving the continuous improvement mindset that may come from the application of TGS' solutions through the core areas of delivery, solutions team.
This individual will interface with business partners, TGS' solution platform team and external experts as they design and shape solutions that create value for our stakeholders. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who loves technology and process challenges and has BI, Analytics and Innovation drive with a mindset to create an impact.
This position reports directly to the TGS Central Teams Integrated Supply Chain Business Partner Lead and will serve on the leadership team of Business Partner Integrated Supply Chain.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Develop in-depth knowledge of TGS' core areas of delivery and become a subject matter expert on TGS' offerings and capabilities specifically in application technology and platforms related to BI, Analytics and Insights
- Understand and enhance the Integrated Supply Chain Business Intelligence and Innovation capability roadmaps by architecting appropriate solutions that enable growth and operational excellence
- Drive the continuous improvement mindset across the business partner organization and partner with integrated supply chain business team to activate this in a way that captures value for BDX
- Lead solution workshops and discovery sessions for data analytics to recommend the best-fit solutions for the Integrated Supply Chain
- Build a capability to leverage TGS's analytic services to provide data insights and business intelligence for Integrated Supply Chain
- Work with TGS Business Partners and TGS' Solution Platform team to ensure that solutions are scalable and that they are informed by, and are integrated with, BD's enterprise roadmaps
- Ensure that all designed solutions meet the desired outcomes, deliver projects, managing multiple 3rd party vendors and solution providers.
- Serve as a continuous connector. Energized by a role that focuses on partnership and facilitation. Operates through the lens of what can we do to simplify and improve things
- Provide subject matter expertise for high priority data related incidents.
- Act as advisor and support the TGS ISC business partner for the data analytics needs.
The ideal candidate will bring a combination of strategic understanding, technology and process improvement experience, solution engineering skills, and the ability to communicate together.
Besides, this person should also possess:
- 10+ years of relevant experience in a technology or process organization
- Experience with major ERP solutions (e.g., SAP, JD Edwards, etc.), data lake, control tower, and analytical platform and data tools
- Broad understanding of processes, technology and data across multiple functional disciplines with Integrated Supply Chain (i.e., Procurement, Logistics, EHS, Planning finance, Manufacturing, etc.)
- Understanding of the use of AI/ML in the business context
- Partner with delivery team to experiment and create prototypes and proofs of values to showcase the potential and limitations of a solution, both from a functional perspective, but also in terms of scalability, robustness, and return on investment
- Experience with Statistics, Data Mining, Machine Learning, Data Visualization, Function Coding, Cloud Computing, Distributed Systems. Demonstrated end-to-end business process thinking
- Ability to work independently, prioritize within an interdisciplinary environment that includes (data) scientists, engineers, business stakeholders, and consultants
- Ability to facilitate solution discovery, blueprint outcomes and lead multiple improvement efforts keeping service and customer-oriented mindset
- Skilled at working with domain experts in the fields of technology, data and analytics, and business processes
- Ability to influence and break down silos within an organization as well across organizations
- Ability to communicate complex business / technical challenges in a simplified manner
- Ability to influence stakeholders in written and oral communications
- Exceptional ability to lead change using positive and collaborative methods
- Highly collaborative work style which includes working effectively across all organizational levels
- Experience working in a highly matrixed organization and in overcoming ambiguity
- Leading by example, mentoring, and motivating others all around you
- Deep analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent judgment and decision-making
- Able to align and work with diverse global stakeholders
- Strong humility, listening, creativity, and negotiation skills
- A real team player with experience working in large and small teams
- Accept ownership
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA NJ - Franklin Lakes
Additional LocationsCHE Eysins - Business Park Terre-Bonne, CHE Wangs - Straubstrasse, CHE Zurich, GBR Crawley, GBR Plymouth - Belliver Industrial Estate, GBR Swindon - Dorcan, GBR Winnersh - Eskdale Road, NLD Drachten - Kraaiheide, NLD Drachten - Marconilaan, NLD Vianen - Lange Dreef
Recommendto a friend
"I like being able to make a difference. Working at BD is an opportunity where the products save lives every day."
Current Employee - Anonymous, Limerick