EMA Marketing Manager LSM -Specimen Management (1 year Contract role)
Job Description SummaryThe essential function of this marketing role is to develop and drive Specimen management Business Group within the BD Integrated Diagnostic Solutions (IDS) strategy and help the EMA region to achieve the desired financial performance through comprehensive and timely market shaping, portfolio management and execution of key marketing programs.
- Drive the commercialization of new product launches
- Coordinate and drive the required Market shaping/development activities in the different regions
- Develop and implement new product launch campaigns, aligning with market specific strategies and coordinating launch activities with all relevant stakeholders
- Develop and produce promotional material / marketing collateral and tools which will deliver key messages and positioning.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive product information files / product database to provide the business with a source of reference for all product technical and data enquires; ensuring BD is well positioning to manage the technical requirements of tenders
- Support the implementation of the EMA product portfolio strategies including pricing, positioning and product promotion
- Collaborate and work effectively with the EMA marketing team and the cross-functional teams such as regulatory, supply chain, finance, medical affairs, public affairs to ensure strategic alignment
- In conjunction with country marketers, develop market specific strategies and tactics to ensure that Specimen management solutions are well positioned for success e.g. providing clear direction on the relevant value and product positioning to drive category share gains
- Interface with EMA and Global Marketing Teams to share information and update with market data, product developments and market specific strategic and tactical plans
- Develop and maintain expert market knowledge in terms of quantitative data (e.g. market data, market trends, competitor pricing, category share, etc.) and qualitative data (e.g. customer needs, competitor activities, plans, technologies and applications); recommending suitable actions to maximize opportunities and minimize potential threats
- Support the country marketing team with product information and contribute the product training initiatives as appropriate
- Product life-cycle management, to includes all aspects of the product life-cycle include product recalls and field corrective actions
Skills and Competencies:
- Understanding of market dynamics and customer needs in in-vitro diagnostic market
- Modelling and forecasting,
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Develop and champion go-to-market and other marketing plans, planning processes, and programs with collaborative implementation
- Lead the identification and management of critical issues for customers and create market shaping and development opportunity solutions
- Develop deep insights through research and analytics to inform marketing and product development decision-making, plans, activities and the organization
- Lead the successful development and flawless implementation of new product launches and related commercialization plans, strategies and activities
- Optimize the complete life cycle of assigned products and related portfolios, including Product Development
- Production of marketing promotional materials / campaign collateral management including digital campaigns
- Good communicator, able to represent the BD brand
- Field communication – supporting the sales team and attending customer meetings as required
- Degree level qualification or equivalent
- Experience in IVD market
- Experience in increasingly responsible positions in marketing
- Diagnostic experience highly desirable
- PC Literate advance level in PowerPoint/Excel/etc.
- Good strategic marketing skills, including demonstrated success in launching new products
- The successful candidate should be dynamic, with excellent interpersonal skills, clear and precise communication skills and the strength to propose and apply actions. This person will be able to influence and get things done, even without direct authority
- Ability to work autonomously and be capable of independently generating, prioritizing and completing work
- Ability to work in a matrix organization
- Excellent communication, presentation and organizational skills
- Self-motivated with a desire for self-development
- An ability to show initiative
- Prepared to work away from home for extended periods
- A flexible team player
- Based on a strong capacity for analysis and synthesis, this person ensures relevant inputs from relevant sources within the business
- Excellent negotiation skills, decisive but open also to suggestion and dialogue, this person evolves effectively in a complex and consensual multicultural environment and within a highly matrixed organization
- Strong supporter of the BD values
Complexity of Duties:
- Ability to work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in depth knowledge of the business, industry and EMA markets.
- Ensures budgets and schedules meet business requirements.
- Successful candidate must be willing to travel to support region on a frequent basis (depends on company travel restriction due to COVID-19 pandemic) – approximately 50% of time travelling in the region.
Primary Work LocationARE Dubai - Middle East
Recommendto a friend
"I like being able to make a difference. Working at BD is an opportunity where the products save lives every day."
Current Employee - Anonymous, Limerick