Assistant Plant Controller
Job Description Summary
BD is a global medical technology company that is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD leads in patient and healthcare worker safety and the technologies that enable medical research and clinical laboratories. Does it sound exciting? Good news, we are hiring!
We are recruiting for an Assistant Plant Controller to be based in the Dun Laoghaire office, whose role is to lead the Management Accounting Team, being responsible for management reporting, cost accounting systems and also for Standard Costing and building the annual budget for the site.
We are looking for passionate people who aren’t afraid to take smart risks, innovate and are eager to make things happen. This is an amazing opportunity to join a fast-growing company with room to grow your skills and experiences in a complex, matrix and international organization.
Please note we are seeking candidates for both a Permanent contract and a short-term contract
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Leading the Management Accounting Team to support and partner the Business in pursuance of their targets and objectives.
- Maintains Financial Control of the Plant by providing accurate and timely reports concerning plant operations.
- Designs and implements systems and procedures, performs periodic audits, maintains adequate records of original entry and preparation of financial statements which accurately depict the Plants operations and performance.
- Manages the month end close process and assisting in the preparation of the monthly Corporate performance reports, with the presentation and explanation of variances.
- Assist in building the annual budget plan, and quarterly forecasts.
- Ensure forecasts and Budgets are loaded into BPC/FCM within deadlines. Ensuring information and reporting requirements of BD Corporate are met.
- Finance lead in understanding MRP, (BOMs) Bills of Materials, Standard Cost allocations and settlement, Machine hour setup, Volume scheduling (LTP), Costing runs.
- Performs full variance analysis on a monthly basis including wastage, volume, spending, and PPV. Reconcile the variances to the CI report. Ensure that all the variances are accurately analysed, investigated and explanations communicated to the Leadership Team
- A central role in coordinating the month end closing procedure. Completing spending reviews, journal corrections and accruals & prepayments.
- Organises physical inventory counts and inventory reconciliations
- Presents financial information to business and site leadership teams.
- Establishes and maintains costings systems for all product lines operating at Dun Laoghaire.
- Performs regular Balance Sheet reviews to check the validity of accruals and provisions.
- Acts as custodian of company assets, reviews and analyses capital expenditure proposals and co-ordinates CB2 activity for submission to the appropriate level. Is responsible for the Ireland Fixed Asset register.
- Contributes to team development including coaching.
- Ad hoc projects and requirements of the Assoc Dir, Controller, and other members of the leadership team.
- Advise and supports line Managers and the Leadership Team
- Contributes and supports SOX (Sarbanes-Oxley) activity in Drogheda and Dun Laoghaire.
- To develop Management Accounting team’s technical and team/management skills to further personal development and continuously enhancing the performance of the Finance Team. To ensure effective succession planning.
- Works with other BD Irish, European and Worldwide financial community working towards integration of financial reporting systems and where possible producing greater leverage.
You will be a Qualified Accountant with work experience in Management Accounting and ideally you would have had some exposure to leading teams and Understanding of SAP or other Management accounting systems.
If you’re a team player who is passionate about healthcare and we’ve just described your career aspirations, then please click on the APPLY button.
Primary Work LocationIRL Dun Laoghaire - Pottery Road
Recommendto a friend
"I like being able to make a difference. Working at BD is an opportunity where the products save lives every day."
Current Employee - Anonymous, Limerick