Job Description SummaryReporting to the Senior Quality Manager, the position is responsible for ensuring that all products manufactured at the Dun Laoghaire site comply with all microbiological and sterilization requirements and ensures that products manufactured at the Drogheda site comply with sterilization requirements.
This will include:
maintaining a comprehensive knowledge of all relevant regulatory microbiological and sterilization requirements for products manufactured at the Dun Laoghaire and relevant sterilization requirements for product manufactured at Drogheda and sterilized at Dun Laoghaire: Act as Radiological Protection Officer for the Company training permitting.
- Responsible for maintaining up-to-date knowledge of all current relevant worldwide regulatory requirements that relate to products manufactured at the Dun Laoghaire location
- Responsible for the supervision of Microbiology Technicians
- Responsible for the setting of appropriate microbiological quality standards for all products and ensuring that these standards are applied uniformly across the site
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all sterilization and environmental monitoring requirements
- Responsible for dose establishment, dose audits, dose mapping and preparing cycle time charts as required
- Responsible for performing a review of processed product lots and approval of lots for release
- Act as microbiological technical specialist for the Dun Laoghaire site
- Integrate with appropriate BD technical specialist groups
- Any other reasonable duties which may be required by management from time to time
- Degree in Science or related Quality discipline specializing in Microbiology
- Three to five years’ experience in a healthcare industry in a similar role
- Radiation and sterilization experience would be advantageous
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and team building skills
- Must be computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft Office software an advantage
- Experience in process validation, Sterilization and working in a clean room environment would be advantageous.
- Proven ability of working in a cross-functional team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and high level of computer literacy.
Why join us?
A career at BD means that you are part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here you can fulfill your life’s purpose through the work that you do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit https://emea.jobs.bd.com/
Primary Work LocationIRL Dun Laoghaire - Pottery Road
Recommendto a friend
"I like being able to make a difference. Working at BD is an opportunity where the products save lives every day."
Current Employee - Anonymous, Limerick