Engineering Operations Leader
Job Description Summary
BD, also known as Becton Dickinson, provides pen needles for the care of Diabetes patients globally. The plant, based in Dun Laoghaire, runs 24/7 and is the Worldwide Centre of Excellence for Pen Needle Manufacturing within the BD organization, producing 4.6 billion medical devices annually. Here we employ approximately 450 people across Operations, Engineering, Quality and R&D.
We are recruiting for an Engineering Operations Leader on a permanent basis on our site in Dun Laoghaire.
In this role you will be a strategically key position, ensuring the sites continued commitment to excellence. You will get the opportunity to make a real impact, optimizing delivery and quality objectives.
Responsibilities will include:
- Lead the day to day, operational, aspect of the engineering.
- Work closely with the engineering colleagues (Site Engineering Manager, Development Leader, Projects Leader, etc), to ensure performance is optimized.
- Lead Process & Maintenance Engineers in their respective areas ensuring that the groups are working on the most beneficial projects and tasks to meet site goals.
- Ensure that all engineering associates are working in a safe manner and that existing and new tasks are risk assessed. Investigate any accidents and near misses in the process area and to drive corrective actions to reduce safety risks.
- Monitor inputs and outputs to the process and ensure that specifications are kept current and viable.
- Monitor equipment reliability and maintenance programs and to continuously improve them to ensure the site is operating at optimum performance.
- Continuously improve uptime and waste figures across the process.
- Ensure that product quality is maintained at all times through process, PFMEA and leading quality indicator analysis. To ensure the department works in compliance with quality rules.
- Act as a mentor for process engineering CAPA and to monitor quality notifications.
- Create learning opportunities for engineering associates to take part in team building, brainstorming, blitz, project planning sessions and to build relationships throughout the organization.
- Use six sigma tools to diagnose problems and reduce variation, thus driving improvements into (but not limited to) the following areas: Safety & Environment, Cost Reduction, Scrap Reduction, Product Quality Improvement and Labour & Machine Efficiency.
- Assist in the preparation of annual expense, continuous improvement and capital budget plans.
- Any other reasonable duties which may be required by management from time to time.
The successful candidate would have a primary degree in an Engineering discipline and have a vast engineering experience, coupled with a management background with at some of this experience preferably within the medical device, pharmaceutical, or other regulated industry.
Relevant industrial experience working in a high-volume manufacturing environment is essential for this role.
The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge of process engineering, system engineering tools and ability to manage an extensive project/task list. You must have the ability to apply a scientific approach to problem solving, blending analytical and experimental skills to maximise productivity and yields.
You can look forward to a rewarding career, great benefits package, collaborative working and opportunities to expand your skills in this fast moving, dynamic and agile business.
BD’s benefits are very attractive including a bonus scheme with the option of either cash or BD Shares, Family Health Insurance, better than average pension contributions based on your full salary and other fantastic benefits.
You can look forward to a rewarding career, collaborative working and opportunities to expand your skills and progress your career in this fast moving, dynamic and agile business.
Interested in a career with BD, but this position doesn’t fit your skills and experience? Then check out emea.jobs.bd.com
Primary Work LocationIRL Dun Laoghaire - Pottery Road
Recommendto a friend
"I like being able to make a difference. Working at BD is an opportunity where the products save lives every day."
Current Employee - Anonymous, Limerick