Engineering Technician - Days
Job Description Summary
BD, also known as Becton Dickinson, provides pen needles for the care of Diabetes patients globally. The plant, based in Dun Laoghaire, runs 24/7 and is the Worldwide Centre of Excellence for Pen Needle Manufacturing within the BD organization, producing 4.6 billion medical devices annually. Here we employ approximately 450 people across Operations, Engineering, Quality and R&D.
Our facility in Dun Laoghaire has recently completed a large expansion plan and now produces the majority of pen needles for the diabetes market globally. We are now ramping up to commence producing the newest BD product to support the diabetes market here onsite. With all these exciting developments taking place we are recruiting an Engineering Technician to work days.
You will install, modify and maintain the full range of production equipment; this includes:
- To continuously improve the production operations. This includes: - Specifically fine tuning production equipment to increase output.
- Reducing downtime and reducing waste.
- To maintain production lines at optimal performance.
- To deal/liaise with vendors, suppliers and local engineering shops.
- To analyse customer complaints and internal quality issues and assist in drawing up improvement programmes.
- To assist with the training of other Engineering Technicians, new hires and apprentices as required.
- To participate in company wide continuous improvement initiatives, working in teams as required and utilising appropriate quality tools as applicable.
- To maintain appropriate recording and reporting systems on all engineering related matters (e.g., breakdowns, maintenance etc.).
- Full utilisation of all current and new IT/processing systems e.g., SAP.
- To maintain high standards of safety and housekeeping to ensure area, machines and equipment are maintained in a safe and clean condition. Correct and/or report unsafe conditions and other faults.
You will have good knowledge of the Mechanical and Electronic Systems associated with high volume manufacturing equipment and hold a Third Level Qualification in one of those disciplines or the National Craft Certificate together with additional specialised training and experience. Relevant industrial experience working in a high-volume manufacturing environment is essential for this role. You must have the ability to apply a scientific approach to problem solving, blending analytical and experimental skills to maximise productivity and yields.
You can look forward to a rewarding career, great benefits package, collaborative working and opportunities to expand your skills in this fast moving, dynamic and agile business.
Interested in a career with BD, but this position doesn’t fit your skills and experience?
Join our talent community here. http://emea.jobs.bd.com
Primary Work LocationIRL Dun Laoghaire - Pottery Road
Recommendto a friend
"I like being able to make a difference. Working at BD is an opportunity where the products save lives every day."
Current Employee - Anonymous, Limerick