Packaging & Graphics Technician
Job Description Summary
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
BD, also known as Becton Dickinson, provides pen needles for the care of Diabetes patients globally. The plant, based in Dun Laoghaire, runs 24/7 and is the Worldwide Centre of Excellence for Pen Needle Manufacturing within the BD organization, producing 4.6 billion medical devices annually. Here we employ approximately 450 people across Operations, Supply Chain, Engineering, Quality and R&D.
About the role
We are recruiting for a Packaging & Graphics Technician on a permanent basis to join our site in Dun Laoghaire in a Day role (Monday to Friday).
As Packaging & Graphics Technician you will update, obtain approval and release final graphics and documentation for the various packaging materials used in the manufacturing of products sold by BD Medical - Diabetes Care.
This is done in collaboration with other BD functions.
Liaise with BD vendors on the packaging materials and manage the internal proofing and approval process.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Work with BD functions globally to execute updates to existing artworks and new variations using Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop on an Apple Mac Computer.
- Produce print ready files for packaging materials as per vendor specifications and BD Guidelines.
- Initiate the setting up of part numbers for packaging materials.
- Raise purchase requisitions / shopping carts as required.
- Prepare packaging specifications and related documentation for the range of products produced by BD in Ireland. Release these documents in the document management system as required.
- Set-up artwork with vendors to have design proofs prepared and submitted for BD’s approval prior to the printing of packaging materials.
- Approve teardrop label proofs submitted by vendors.
- Serve as BD brand ambassador for the Dun Laoghaire facility.
- Any other reasonable duties which may be required by leadership from time to time.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience working in a regulated environment and hold a Third Level Qualification. A strong working knowledge of finished artwork and design for the print/packaging industry, a keen eye for detail and a dedication to quality.
The successful candidate should have working experience using Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat and Photoshop with a thorough knowledge of finished art/prepress technical requirements. Proficiency in Office suite is essential.
Click on apply if this sounds like you!
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, or any other protected status.
To learn more about BD visit https://emea.jobs.bd.com/
Primary Work LocationIRL Dun Laoghaire - Pottery Road
Recommendto a friend
"I like being able to make a difference. Working at BD is an opportunity where the products save lives every day."
Current Employee - Anonymous, Limerick