Pen Needle Production Manager
Job Description Summary
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
The Diabetes Care (DC) team leverage deep expertise and advanced technologies to continuously innovate our pen needles, insulin syringes and other products to enable people who are living with diabetes to benefit from comfortable, effective Diabetes Care. We offer some of the world’s leading devices for insulin injection and award-winning educational programs to help people with diabetes help themselves.
As Pen Needle Production Manageryou will be responsible for the management and coordination of all Pen Needle assembly and packaging production activities. You will collaborate with the Moulding, Engineering, Maintenance, Automation, Quality & Supply Chain teams to ensure Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost & People objectives are met and continuously improved.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Providing leadership to the Shift Managers and production teams to deliver on objectives.
- Ensuring full Health & Safety compliance and engagement across the plant to build a Safety First culture.
- Ensuring all devices manufactured align with all Quality and Regulatory requirements
- Planing Resources to ensure optimum flow of units through the manufacturing process to meet the production schedule.
- Ensuring the production area is aligned with required environmental standards
- Play a lead role in internal and external audits
- Develop team members through coaching, delegation, performance reviews and provision of developmental assignments/projects.
- Collaborate with CI to identify and execute on opportunities to improve work processes and methods to improve efficiency and reduce waste.
- Be responsible for the weekly BOS process to ensure line efficiency improvements are delivered.
- Lead the integration of the BD Production System into the Pen Needle Assembly operation.
- Leading and/or support project planning as required
To be successful in this role, you should be able to demonstrate:
Minimum third level degree qualification in Manufacturing/Engineering/Science coupled with appropriate experience in high volume manufacturing
- Minimum of 5 years in a production supervisory/management role in manufacturing.
- Detailed knowledge of production management principles
- Excellent documentation skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge of budgetary control procedures.
- The ability to lead, work as part of a team and on own initiative as required
- Proactive – someone who anticipates potential problems and is a step ahead
- Proven understanding of engineering and improvement concepts associated with a high volume, technically complex, regulated manufacturing unit.
Why join us?
A career at BD means that you are part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here you can fulfill your life’s purpose through the work that you do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
If you’re a team player who is passionate about healthcare and we’ve just described your career aspirations, then please click on the APPLY button.
Interested in a career with BD, but this position doesn’t fit your skills and experience? Then check out emea.jobs.bd.com
Primary Work LocationIRL Dun Laoghaire - Pottery Road
Recommendto a friend
"I like being able to make a difference. Working at BD is an opportunity where the products save lives every day."
Current Employee - Anonymous, Limerick