Plant IT Lead
Job Description Summary
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
In our BD IT team, we deliver effective and innovative technologies that help us to keep our entire business running day to day. Our aim is to provide the tools, systems, insights and protection for BD associates to efficiently do their work.
The role of the Plant IT Lead, is to serve as the TGS representative responsible for partnering with local Plant Managers and their site leadership teams to drive and craft demand for new requests and to ensure manufacturing and quality operations at a site level, are enabled through the continued availability of TGS supported technologies for the Manufacturing, Plant Maintenance, Quality control and Quality engineering functions.
The role is also accountable for ensuring that the full portfolio of manufacturing-specific TGS work for the plants, is delivered as planned and budgeted and includes ensuring corresponding projects, plans, status reports, compliance and regulatory measures, resources, etc. are in place for the manufacturing and related DC locations.
This individual will serve as a point of escalation for the Plant Managers, their direct leadership team, and the plant SMEs.
This individual will be required to collaborate with internal and external partners to ensure that the Manufacturing function is proactively supported and is provided with strategic thought leadership when it comes to improving and growing the use case of technology at a site level, including Industry 4.0 and Smart Factory (digital) opportunities.
This is a superb opportunity for someone to facilitate building a strong, collaborative, trusted partnership between the Plant IT and Plant Management teams. This role needs to bring together the appropriate technology, process and workplace solutions, so they contribute to the overall Operations (Manufacturing, Plant Maintenance, Smart Factory and Quality) agenda of the region.
This position reports directly to the TGS Central Teams Plant IT Business Partner Lead ~ EMEA and keeps a dotted line to the plant.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Developing a deep knowledge of the local Manufacturing environment, including the key driver goals, short and long-term roadmaps, business processes and key personnel.
- Establish and earn a value-adding, strategic partner relationship with the Plant management team, the regional Plant IT and the entire TGS function.
- Partner with the leadership to plan new joint initiatives, evaluate proposals, and resolve how they fit into roadmaps and priorities.
- Partner with site management to measure benefits of TGS investments at the site, measure and communicate value realised on a periodic basis through defined and agreed metrics and supporting analysis, own SLAs and report out to site management.
- Integrated Partnership with site leadership, TGS corporate, Info Sec and TGS handled vendors. Single focal point for site leadership.
- Lead, guide and use the local IT team to support the plant operations and outsourced support staff.
- Ensure projects and initiatives are delivered, providing consistent and effective communication on status, handling escalation and avoiding risk.
- Build Knowledge and capability in Manufacturing technologies and processes in emerging technologies as well as improvements to existing investments by staying ahead of industry trends and domain expertise in usage of new trends.
- Accountable for the TGS services at the site and support the ISC teams when rolling out new solutions to help create a long-term sustainable IT-OT ecosystem.
- Accountable for the lifecycle management of infrastructure, applications & services. Formulate a strategy for retain, retire and replace local applications.
The ideal candidate will bring a combination of operational understanding and critical thinking, have both business and technology experience.
To be successful in this role, you should be able to demonstrate:
- 5+ years of business working experience in a technology function
- Accomplished in multiple process and technology capabilities across Manufacturing ideally in the Med device sector
- Demonstrable ability to run and lead service providers, remotely
- Ability to influence and break down silos within an organisation as well across organisations
- Ability to communicate sophisticated business / technical challenges in a simplified manner
- Familiarity with continuous improvement and project management approaches, tools, and phases
- Exceptional ability to lead change using positive and collaborative methods
- Highly collaborative work style which includes working successfully across all organisational levels
Why join us?
A career at BD means that you are part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here you can fulfill your life’s purpose through the work that you do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit https://emea.jobs.bd.com/
Primary Work LocationIRL Dun Laoghaire - Pottery Road
Recommendto a friend
"I like being able to make a difference. Working at BD is an opportunity where the products save lives every day."
Current Employee - Anonymous, Limerick