Job Description Summary
BD, also known as Becton Dickinson, provides pen needles for the care of Diabetes patients globally. The plant, based in Dun Laoghaire, runs 24/7 and is the Worldwide Centre of Excellence for Pen Needle Manufacturing within the BD organization, producing 4.6 billion medical devices annually. Here we employ approximately 450 people across Operations, Engineering, Quality and R&D.
We currently have an opportunity for a small number of Temporary PQS Operators to join our site in Dun Laoghaire on an 18-Month FTC.
The PQS (Process Quality Setter) Operator will carry out the full range of responsibilities and duties required to meet current and future needs in the packaging operation. This includes maintaining production and quality performance to meet specified standards.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Routine adjustments, repairs and maintenance of machines will be carried out by Operators.
- Operators will comply fully with training in relation to quality matters, new procedures, changes in methodology, processes etc.
- Operators will comply fully with changes in quality system procedures.
- Operators will cooperate fully with changes in technology and will embrace any requirements for them to acquire additional skills, such as pc/keyboard skills, new tools/equipment etc. Appropriate training will be provided in such circumstances
- Operators will operate whatever data recording, processing systems the company may require in future, e.g. SAP, QDMS, Documentum, etc.
- Operators will work whatever work configuration identified by management as appropriate, cell based, self-managing groups, etc.
- Operators will participate fully in initiatives, projects, teams as required including continuous improvement, QIP (Quality Improvement Programme), Lean and 6 Sigma type teams.
The successful candidate will have previous experience in high volume manual packaging in a GMP environment. You will be familiar with the adherence to SOP’s in a regulated environment.
You will need to have ability to work with a high attention to detail and an excellent interpersonal and communication skills to interact with all levels of colleagues. Experience of working as part of a team and the ability to work independently is essential for this role.
You must be willing to work on a 5 days/week (Monday to Friday) either on early shift (7am – 3pm) or on evening shift (3pm – 11pm).
You can look forward to a rewarding career, collaborative working and opportunities to expand your skills and progress your career in this fast moving, dynamic and agile business.
Interested in a career with BD, but this position doesn’t fit your skills and experience? Then check out emea.jobs.bd.com
Primary Work LocationIRL Dun Laoghaire - Pottery Road
Recommendto a friend
"I like being able to make a difference. Working at BD is an opportunity where the products save lives every day."
Current Employee - Anonymous, Limerick