Job Description Summary
BD is a global medical technology company focused on improving drug therapies, enhancing the quality and speed of diagnosing infectious diseases, and advancing research and discovery of new drugs and vaccines. BD provides an environment which enables our highly talented workforce to be the best at their professions. We are always seeking people who have a passion and commitment to join our Company on its journey in ‘advancing the world of health’.
Our facility in Dun Laoghaire has recently completed a large expansion plan and now produces the majority of pen needles for the diabetes market globally. We are now ramping up to commence producing the newest BD product to support the diabetes market here onsite. With all these exciting developments taking place we are recruiting a PQS Operator (Contract Role) whose role is to meet operational needs across the site. This includes monitoring and maintaining production and quality performance to meet specified standards in accordance with GMP. This is a busy and varied role.
Your responsibilities will include:
· The Operator will carry out the full range of responsibilities and duties required to meet current and future operational needs. This includes monitoring and maintaining production and quality performance to meet specified standards;
· Routine adjustments, repairs and maintenance of machines will be carried out by Operators;
· Operators will carry out all duties in line with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and will record production and testing data in line with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs);
· Operators will use existing technology and will embrace any requirements to acquire additional skills for new tools/equipment etc;
· Operators will participate in initiatives, projects & teams as required including Continuous Improvement, QIP (Quality Improvement Programme), Lean and 6 Sigma type teams.
· Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as the ability to accurately document work performed
· Ability to work primarily on your own initiative but experience working as part of a team will be required occasionally – You need to have a Strong planning and organizational ability.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 3 years work experience in a regulated manufacturing/production environment and have a proven ability and willingness to learn. You will be technically qualified with a Leaving Certificate or substantial GMP manufacturing experience and a third level qualification in a technical discipline is desirable. You will need to have an excellent interpersonal and communication skills to interact with all levels of colleagues.
You will have knowledge of using IT systems such as manufacturing execution systems, online self-service portals, training systems and barcode scanners required. Experience of working in a highly automated and high-speed environment and in a controlled clean room environment would be a distinct advantage. You will be hands on and have a sense of urgency. Ability to function as part of a team and work on own initiative. The ideal candidate will have some GMP/GDP experience and high level of safety awareness. This role will include Shift work, previous experience of Shift patterns is required. You must be willing to work on a 4-shift basis, the company will operate 24 hours/day, 7 days/week.
You can look forward to a rewarding career, great benefits package, collaborative working and opportunities to expand your skills in this fast moving, dynamic and agile business.
If you’re a team player who is passionate about healthcare and we’ve just described your career aspirations, then please click on the APPLY button.
Primary Work LocationIRL Dun Laoghaire - Pottery Road
Recommendto a friend
"I like being able to make a difference. Working at BD is an opportunity where the products save lives every day."
Current Employee - Anonymous, Limerick