Job Description Summary
BD, also known as Becton Dickinson, provides pen needles for the care of Diabetes patients globally. The plant, based in Dun Laoghaire, runs 24/7 and is the Worldwide Centre of Excellence for Pen Needle Manufacturing within the BD organization, producing 4.6 billion medical devices annually. Here we employ approximately 450 people across Operations, Engineering, Quality and R&D.
We are recruiting for a Production Coordinator on a permanent basis on our site in Dun Laoghaire. Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for coordinating production activities across the pen needle operation (moulding to packaging) to ensure maximum efficiency and flow of product.
A key part of the position is the requirement to work closely with the shift leaders, production operators and technicians on the four shifts. In addition, working closely with the relevant Engineers and QA personnel on days.
This will include:
- Ensure optimum flow of units through the production process.
- Schedule and plan production activities - liaise with buyer / planners.
- Monitor and optimize stock levels of WIP in the production areas.
- Assist with stock / cycle inventories.
- Ensure production area is compliant with required quality, safety and environmental standards.
- Play a lead role in internal and external audits.
- Review documents in the device history records. Where errors are discovered, follow up with the individuals involved.
- Liaise with QA department on incident reports. Manage any sampling of lots that is required and document as appropriate.
- Participate in the selection and recruitment of new hires.
- The scope of the job includes moulding, assembly, packaging, sterilization.
- As required, be involved in project planning and future developments.
- Any other reasonable duties which may be required by management from time to time.
The successful candidate will hold Third Level Qualification with at least 3 years relevant work experience, preferably in a regulated manufacturing environment.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of budgetary control procedures, thorough knowledge of production management principles and good PC skills. You will have excellent documentation skills and attention to detail.
You should display excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
You can look forward to a rewarding career, great benefits package, collaborative working and opportunities to expand your skills in this fast moving, dynamic and agile business.
You can look forward to a rewarding career, collaborative working and opportunities to expand your skills and progress your career in this fast moving, dynamic and agile business.
Interested in a career with BD, but this position doesn’t fit your skills and experience? Then check out emea.jobs.bd.com
Primary Work LocationIRL Dun Laoghaire - Pottery Road
Recommendto a friend
"I like being able to make a difference. Working at BD is an opportunity where the products save lives every day."
Current Employee - Anonymous, Limerick