Production Team Lead
Job Description Summary
BD, also known as Becton Dickinson, provides pen needles for the care of Diabetes patients globally. The plant, based in Dun Laoghaire, runs 24/7 and is the Worldwide Centre of Excellence for Pen Needle Manufacturing within the BD organization, producing 4.6 billion medical devices annually. Here we employ approximately 450 people across Operations, Engineering, Quality and R&D.
We are recruiting for a Production Team Leader in a brand-new pilot role to assist in coordinating production activities across a specific packaging operation to ensure smooth running of the operation. This role is the first of its kind in this department where you will have the opportunity to “own it” and make it a success for others to follow in your footsteps. This is a 12-month Fixed-Term Contract role.
A key part of the position will be the requirement to work closely with pack operators, technicians, and process and material engineers and QA personnel.
As Production Team Leader, you will;
- Work as part of a team to ensure optimum flow of units through the production process;
- Ensure compliance with company work instructions, SOP’s and GMP requirements at all time;
- Identify opportunities to improve work processes and methods;
- Assist in drawing up and communicating production schedule plans – liaise with buyer/planners as required;
- Where errors are discovered in Device History Records (e.g. overwrites, omissions), follow up with the individuals involved. Work in conjunction with the shift leader and training coordinator on this task;
- Liaise with QA department on incident reports. Manage any sampling of lots that is required and document as appropriate;
- Monitor stock levels of key components used in the production areas;
- Ensure production area is compliant with required quality standards;
- As required, be involved in project planning and future developments;
- Manage material issues both in house and with vendors through the Quality Notification process;
- Coordinate the management of held components in line with the correct process and procedures;
The successful candidate will be educated with a Second level qualification coupled with appropriate experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment with training in Good Manufacturing Practices.
You will have excellent documentation skills and attention to detail. You will have the ability to follow tasks through to completion and have a knowledge of Standard Operating Procedures. You will use your excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work as part of a team. You will be IT Literate and proactive in your attitude and approach.
You can look forward to a rewarding career, great benefits package, collaborative working and opportunities to expand your skills in this fast moving, dynamic and agile business.
If you’re a team player who is passionate about healthcare and we’ve just described your career aspirations, then please click on the APPLY button.
Interested in a career with BD, but this position doesn’t fit your skills and experience? Join our external EMEA Talent Community here: http://bd.tal3nt.community/
Primary Work LocationIRL Dun Laoghaire - Pottery Road
Recommendto a friend
"I like being able to make a difference. Working at BD is an opportunity where the products save lives every day."
Current Employee - Anonymous, Limerick