Production Team Lead
Job Description Summary
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
BD, also known as Becton Dickinson, provides pen needles for the care of Diabetes patients globally. The plant, based in Dun Laoghaire, runs 24/7 and is the Worldwide Centre of Excellence for Pen Needle Manufacturing within the BD organization, producing 4.6 billion medical devices annually. Here we employ approximately 450 people across Operations, Engineering, Quality and R&D.
About the role
We are looking for passionate people who aren’t afraid to take smart risks, innovate and are eager to make things happen. This is an amazing opportunity to join a fast-growing company with room to grow your skills and experiences in a complex, matrix and international organisation.
We are recruiting for a Production Team Leader to assist in coordinating production activities across the entire AutoShield Safety Pen Needle and Pen Needle operation to ensure smooth running of the operation.
A key part of the position will be the requirement to work closely with production operators, technicians, and process and material engineers and QA personnel.
As Production Team Leader, you will;
- Work as part of a team to ensure optimum flow of units through the production process
- Ensure compliance with company Work Instructions, SOP’s and GMP requirements at all time
- Identify opportunities to improve work processes and methods
- Assist in drawing up and communicating production schedule plans – liaise with buyer/planners as required
- Where errors are discovered in Device History Records (e.g. overwrites, omissions), follow up with the individuals involved. Work in conjunction with the shift leader and training coordinator on this task.
- Liaise with QA department on incident reports. Manage any sampling of lots that is required and document as appropriate.
- Monitor stock levels of key components used in the production areas.
- Ensure production area is compliant with required quality standards
- As required, be involved in project planning and future developments.
- Manage material issues both in house and with vendors through the Quality Notification process.
- Coordinate the management of held components in line with the correct process and procedures.
The successful candidate will be educated with a Second level qualification coupled with appropriate experience in a high volume manufacturing environment with training in Good Manufacturing Practices.
You will have excellent documentation skills and attention to detail. You will have the ability to follow tasks through to completion and have a knowledge of Standard Operating Procedures. You will use your excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work as part of a team. You will be IT Literate and proactive in your attitude and approach.
The company operates 24 hours/day, 7 days/week. This is a 4-Cycle Shift Pattern role (Days and Nights). You must be willing to work 2 x 12-hour days, followed by 2 x 12-hour nights, followed by 4 days off.
Click on apply if this sounds like you!
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, or any other protected status.
To learn more about BD visit https://emea.jobs.bd.com/
Primary Work LocationIRL Dun Laoghaire - Pottery Road
Recommendto a friend
"I like being able to make a difference. Working at BD is an opportunity where the products save lives every day."
Current Employee - Anonymous, Limerick