Job Description SummaryWorking as a Quality Engineer, duties will include management and execution of process validation studies, active participation in non-conformance investigation, process improvement projects, project management, application of SPC to current production processes and liaison with key customers.
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
BD, also known as Becton Dickinson, provides pen needles for the care of Diabetes patients globally. The plant, based in Dun Laoghaire, runs 24/7 and is the Worldwide Centre of Excellence for Pen Needle Manufacturing within the BD organization, producing 4.6 billion medical devices annually. Here we employ approximately 450 people across Operations, Engineering, Quality and R&D.
About the role
With all these exciting developments taking place we are recruiting for a Quality Engineer on a Permanent basis working days in our fabulous site in Dun Laoghaire.
Working as a Quality Engineer, duties will include management and execution of process validation studies, active participation in non-conformance investigation, process improvement projects, project management, application of SPC to current production processes and liaison with key customers.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Be a key driver of cGMP practices within Operations and Quality divisions
- Provide support for the relevant Quality Systems
- Responsible for ensuring adherence to all BD and external regulatory requirements
- Become an active member of the site internal audit team, liaising with Regulatory auditors
- Prepare and maintain documentation in compliance with the appropriate regulatory requirements
- Support production personnel in relevant continuous improvement activities (Six Sigma etc.)
- Act as customer liaison contact for given key customers as appropriate.
- Review, analyse and report on relevant customer complaints
To be successful in this role, you should be able to demonstrate:
- A primary degree in a Science/Engineering discipline (Preferably Polymer Science/Engineering or Mechanical Engineering)
- A minimum of 5 years work experience in an relevant quality system environments, coupled with a background in Medical Devices/Pharmaceutical Industry.
- Experience in the preparation of Technical Documentation.
- Knowledge of Statistical Process Control and Six Sigma methodologies (Greenbelt Certification would be advantageous).
- Experience in CAPA system management
- A working knowledge of FDA requirements and managing FDA audits.
- Experience in process validation and working in a clean room environment.
- Proven ability of working in a cross-functional team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and high level of computer literacy.
- Any other reasonable duties which may be required by management from time to time
Why join us?
A career at BD means that you are part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here you can fulfill your life’s purpose through the work that you do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit https://emea.jobs.bd.com/
Primary Work LocationIRL Dun Laoghaire - Pottery Road
Recommendto a friend
"I like being able to make a difference. Working at BD is an opportunity where the products save lives every day."
Current Employee - Anonymous, Limerick