Senior Training Specialist
Job Description SummaryThe Training Leader is responsible for the management, co-ordination and documentation of associate training. Emphasis will be placed on ensuring compliance to regulatory requirements and development of the associates’ skills and knowledge to meet the company’s objectives. The Training Leader will also hold responsibility for the design and implementation of the skills development programmes.
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
The Senior Training Specialist is responsible for the management, co-ordination and documentation of associate training. Emphasis will be placed on ensuring compliance to regulatory requirements and development of the associates’ skills and knowledge to meet the company’s objectives. You will also hold responsibility for the design and implementation of the skills development programmes.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Lead the Training function at the Dun Laoghaire Plant to ensure that training is planned, effective, consistent and recorded to meet legislative, regulatory and company requirements.
- Co-ordinate training activities in the BD Drogheda plant and report on compliance to the Drogheda Plant LT.
- Management and development of the C2C Learning Management System to optimise the recording, assigning and tracking of training and to ensure compliance with all requirements.
- Co-ordinate training requirements for the implementation of new equipment working with operations and the development team.
- Ensure that standardised methods for delivery, recording and reporting of training associates are in place and are being adhered to across the site
- Identify and implement improvements in the training process and systems to ensure the outstanding approach to training.
- Handle the tracking and claims for the site training grant and assist with future training grant applications.
- Support the site continuous improvement program through leading and facilitating events and promoting employee engagement with CI.
- Co-ordinate the work schedules of the trainers with the Shift Managers to ensure that Operational training goals and flexibility targets are achieved
To be successful in this role, you should be able to demonstrate:
- Third Level Qualification HR/Quality/Production Engineering
- Lean/Six Sigma qualification desirable but not crucial
- 5 plus years’ experience in a similar role
- Previous experience of working in an ISO and an FDA regulated environment.
- Previous experience of working in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience leading multiple meaningful priorities and projects.
- Excellent PC skills ideally with good proven understanding of MS Office, Photoshop, Learning Mgt Systems & SAP.
- Experience using E-learning software an advantage.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Why join us?
A career at BD means that you are part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here you can fulfill your life’s purpose through the work that you do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit https://emea.jobs.bd.com/
Primary Work LocationIRL Dun Laoghaire - Pottery Road
Recommendto a friend
"I like being able to make a difference. Working at BD is an opportunity where the products save lives every day."
Current Employee - Anonymous, Limerick