Shift Process Engineer
Job Description Summary
BD, also known as Becton Dickinson, provides pen needles for the care of Diabetes patients globally. The plant, based in Dun Laoghaire, runs 24/7 and is the Worldwide Centre of Excellence for Pen Needle Manufacturing within the BD organization, producing 4.6 billion medical devices annually. Here we employ approximately 450 people across Operations, Engineering, Quality and R&D.
We are recruiting for a Shift Process Engineer to join our team in Dun Laoghaire providing engineering support within a high volume, fully automated manufacturing environment.
As Shift Process Engineer, you will be responsible for and involved in troubleshooting, maintenance and continuous improvement of the production equipment. You will be a key member of the engineering group that provides engineering support within a high volume, fully automated manufacturing environment. You will manage a team of 16 Shift Technicians across 2 shifts on a 12-hour 4 Day Cycle role.
- You will be an active member of the shift team to resolve EHS, Quality and Operational issues within the shift
- Manage a comprehensive Preventive and Corrective Maintenance programme in assembly and corrective maintenance in all other operational areas of the site and ensure that documents are audit ready to meet compliance and regulatory requirements
- Working with the Process Engineers, identify areas of problems/opportunities in existing equipment and detail possible improvements following up with production, tool room and outside resources as appropriate.
- Manage small improvement projects as required.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement initiatives as appropriate – Kaizen, Lean, LDMS, Blitzes.
- May be required to act as back up user to the site computerized calibration tracking system.
- Work with direct reports to carry out risk assessments, behavioral based audits, close out near miss action items on a regular basis.
- Work with immediate manager to review machine spares and ensure that necessary spares and stock levels are set up in stores
- Identify development and training needs of direct reports and coordinate with immediate manager to prepare a comprehensive plan.
- Any other reasonable duties which may be required by management from time to time
The successful candidate will be Degree qualified (ideally Electrical, Mechanical or Production Engineering) with experience in a similar role and direct people management experience.
You will be able to work and communicate in a cross functional environment and will be familiar working in a regulated environment. As this role is working in a high volume and very automated environment knowledge of PLCs, Vision Systems, High Speed Assembly and Packaging operation would be preferred.
You can look forward to a rewarding career, great benefits package, collaborative working and opportunities to expand your skills in this fast moving, dynamic and agile business.
If you’re a team player who is passionate about healthcare and we’ve just described your career aspirations, then please click on the APPLY button.
Interested in a career with BD, but this position doesn’t fit your skills and experience? Then check out emea.jobs.bd.com
Primary Work LocationIRL Dun Laoghaire - Pottery Road
Recommendto a friend
"I like being able to make a difference. Working at BD is an opportunity where the products save lives every day."
Current Employee - Anonymous, Limerick