Staff Electronic Design Engineer
Job Description Summary
Staff Electrical Design Engineer
A superb, wide-ranging R&D Engineering career development role with BD, a global leader in Medical Technology.
BD’s purpose is to advance the world of health. As part of our team, you will be at the forefront of creating and developing specialized devices, software solutions and systems to help others. The R&D group and facility was established in Dun Laoghaire in 2017 and is continuing to grow to support the Pharmaceutical Systems business and its $2 billion product portfolio.
We are now looking for a highly talented and experienced Electronic Engineer to lead the electronic subsystems of connected drug infusion platforms and beyond. The Staff Electronic Engineer holds a critical position, responsible for electromechanical integration in device design and development to enable pharmaceutical drug delivery and connected health capabilities.
Be the Staff Electronic Engineer
- Possess the skills, knowledge, and aptitude to engage, influence, and collaborate with the multiple disciplines involved in the development of connected health and electro-mechanical drug delivery systems.
- Demonstrate a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance with BD Quality policies and procedures for medical device development.
- Develop deep technical understanding of all drug delivery solutions (device architecture, System Engineering, critical to function parameters) and develop the right partnership model internally with New Product Development teams to drive an efficient integration of Digital capability (“built-in solution”): technical requirements, tradeoff management, interface management.
- Drive circuit-level hardware design phases including architecture and design, component selection, schematic entry, board bring-up and integration of complex printed circuit board and assemblies into systems/instruments.
- Experience with the interfacing of hardware peripherals like sensors, motor drivers, etc
- Perform architectural design or refinement of high-level product concepts. Envision potential solution embodiments and engage stakeholders with Riskiest Assumption Testing (RAT) or Minimal Viable Prototype (MVP) approaches where appropriate.
- Evaluate and implement designs to ensure that all regulatory requirements (IEC, FDA) are being met throughout the design process.
- Generate design specifications, test protocols, and execute testing and associated test reports.
- Develop and implement test procedures to verify design operation and compliance to international standards e.g. CE/EMC.
- Experience of EMC testing including Immunity Testing, Capacitive Voltage Emissions, Current Probe Emissions, ESD Testing, Transient Testing, Radiated Emissions Testing
- Actively mentor associates in related technical roles. Provide technical direction and frequent feedback. Participate and assist in their success. Continue to raise the bar on technical skills and help associates rise to expectations. Advise management of technical needs and desired skill mix.
- Strong technical engagement and partnership with R&D teams to define & optimize system integration and influence architectural design for products developed both internally and externally (including OEMs, contract development and joint-ventures) including
- Engaged leader with the skills, knowledge and aptitude to empathize, influence, direct and challenge all functions (at all levels) involved in the creation of connected health products in a complex matrix and cross-business unit organization.
- Demonstrate strong and clear accountability for the successful and timely completion of designated tasks
For this position you will have a bachelor’s degree in Electronics Engineering or equivalent, related postgraduate degree an advantage and will have 10-12+ years’ experience in embedded electronics experience, medical industry preferred with demonstrated success developing software-based electromechanical systems (sensing, communication and control) with working knowledge of complex algorithm and application development for digital health applications.
You will be a dynamic problem solver, able to anticipate potential problems and create solutions. It is a superb, all-round R&D engineering career development role with a world leader in medical devices. So, if this describes you and your aspirations, then please click on the APPLY button.
Interested in a career with BD, but this position doesn’t fit your skills and experience? Join our Talent Pool here: https://emea.jobs.bd.com/#jobs-alerts-wrapper
Primary Work LocationIRL Dun Laoghaire - Pottery Road
Recommendto a friend
"I like being able to make a difference. Working at BD is an opportunity where the products save lives every day."
Current Employee - Anonymous, Limerick