Staff Quality Engineer I
Job Description Summary
Staff Quality Engineer I
A superb, wide-ranging R&D Engineering career development role with BD, a global leader in Medical Technology.
BD’s purpose is to advance the world of health. As part of our team, you will be at the forefront of creating and developing specialized devices, software solutions and systems to help others. The R&D group and facility was established in Dun Laoghaire in 2017 and is continuing to grow to support the Pharmaceutical Systems business and its $2 billion product portfolio.
We are now looking for a highly talented and experienced Staff Quality Engineer who will responsible for combining Design control expertise, creative problem-solving approaches and who will have strong analytical skills to support new product development and product maintenance using Quality Engineering.
In addition, this position will play an active role in the processes to ensure products meet quality standards consistent with both Corporate and unit policies, while meeting all design control and other regulatory requirements for electro-mechanical devices.
- Assist/conduct Failure Investigations and problem-solving sessions for non-conforming products
- Consistent application of technical principles, theories, concepts, and quality sciences / tools
- Reviews and has Quality Engineering approval authority for new and modified design / process specifications including product performance specifications, test methods, etc.
- Ensures quality conduct of projects, including design, data summary and interpretation and report generation for self and developers
- May provide guidance and work direction to other team members
- Designs and performs development working independently within defined parameters with minimal supervision required
In this position you will need to hold a bachelor’s degree in engineering, Science or related field and will have 10+ years of Quality Engineering experience in the medical device industry.
You will also have a thorough understanding of industry regulations: QSR/cGMP, ISO QM standards including ISO13485, ISO149741, IEC60601, IEC62304 and EU MDD/MDR and will have experience with electromechanical device and device software standards and requirements required.
You will be a dynamic problem solver, able to anticipate potential problems and create solutions. It is a superb, all-round R&D engineering career development role with a world leader in medical devices. So, if this describes you and your aspirations, then please click on the APPLY button.
Interested in a career with BD, but this position does not fit your skills and experience? Join our Talent Pool here: https://emea.jobs.bd.com/#jobs-alerts-wrapper
Primary Work LocationIRL Dun Laoghaire - Pottery Road
Recommendto a friend
"I like being able to make a difference. Working at BD is an opportunity where the products save lives every day."
Current Employee - Anonymous, Limerick