Supplier Quality Engineer
Job Description Summary
Supplier Quality Engineer
=== BE PART OF SOMETHING BIGGER! ===
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
ABOUT THE ROLE
BD are currently looking for a Supplier Quality Engineer for a two-year FTC.
The Supplier Quality Engineer will manage all quality related aspects of materials used to make insulin delivery devices, and suppliers of those materials. This covers the management and, as required, the execution of supplier audits, incoming inspections, non-conformance investigations, supplier monitoring and communication. Related duties will include process validation studies, process improvement projects, project management, and application of SPC to production processes.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Manage all aspects of the Quality System with respect to Supplier quality, including procedures, risk assessments and ASL.
- Liaise with corporate supplier quality on projects, as required.
- Maintain the supplier audit schedule, and execute supplier audits as required.
- Contribution to OCP Supplier Management process, as appropriate.
- Provide support for the ISO9001/2000 and ISO13485 and 21CFR Part 820 Quality Systems.
- Ensure adherence to all BD and external regulatory requirements.
- Become an active member of the site internal audit team.
- Prepare and maintain supplier related documentation in compliance with the appropriate regulatory requirements.
- Support projects to identify and qualify new/ alternative suppliers
- Support production personnel in relevant continuous improvement activities (Six Sigma etc.).
- Act as customer liaison contact for key customers as appropriate.
- Review, analyse and report on relevant customer complaints.
To be successful in this role you will need to hold a third Level Degree in Quality or Engineering field and have 3+ years of relevant experience in a highly regulated industry.
You will have excellent attention to detail and have strong communication and influencing skills.
CLICK ON APPLY IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU!
=== WHY JOIN US? ===
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, or any other protected status.
TO LEARN MORE ABOUT BD VISIT HTTPS://EMEA.JOBS.BD.COM/ (https://emea.jobs.bd.com/)
Primary Work LocationIRL Dun Laoghaire - Pottery Road
Recommendto a friend
"I like being able to make a difference. Working at BD is an opportunity where the products save lives every day."
Current Employee - Anonymous, Limerick