Manufacturing Engineer (NPI)
Job Description Summary
BD is a global medical technology company focused on improving drug therapies, enhancing the quality and speed of diagnosing infectious diseases, and advancing research and discovery of new drugs and vaccines. BD provides an environment which enables our highly talented workforce to be the best in their professions. We are always seeking people who have a passion and commitment to join our Company on its journey in ‘advancing the world of health’.
At the Enniscorthy facility, Clear Stream manufactures mainly angioplasty catheters that are used in both coronary and peripheral procedures to unblock arteries. We are now recruiting a Manufacturing Engineer (12-Month contract).
As a Manufacturing Engineer, you will assist with all engineering activities relating to the introduction of a new product being manufactured and you will perform tasks associated with these activities including the key areas of equipment installation, calibration, and process trouble shooting.
You will be responsible for assisting in the development, implementation and continuous improvement of processes and equipment to produce products that meet customer requirements and are cost effective.
· Performs routine equipment maintenance and troubleshooting activities as required;
· Complete calibration activities as per schedule and capable of documenting them as per GMP / GDP standards;
· Maintain a clean and safe work area. Follow all safety guidelines and report unsafe conditions to supervisor;
· Assists with the installation, debug and validation of process equipment;
· Assists in the generation of formal test protocols and reports. Assists in the execution of test protocols and procedures;
· Sets up and operates manufacturing and/or test equipment. Records data with limited supervision;
· Maintains accurate data and organizes and presents data in a reportable format. Provides process/test method training to manufacturing/QC personnel;
· Develops and maintains a working knowledge ofcompany policies and procedures and ISO/FDA requirements;
· Provides technical assistance to other technical personnel. Contributes to the development of work instructions, batch records, equipment logs, material specifications and other device history documents;
· Helps monitor productivity by tracking yields and equipment downtime issues;
· Assists with the installation, debug and validation of process equipment.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of analytical thinking in problem solving large complex issues. Shown to be a good team member and has experience of participating in team environment.
You will be responsible for assisting in the development, implementation and continuous improvement of processes and equipment to produce products that meet customer requirements and are cost effective. Also responsible for assisting in system assurance including documentation, testing and inspection, product and process development, and non-confirming product investigations.
You can look forward to a rewarding career, great benefits package, collaborative working and opportunities to expand your skills in this fast moving, dynamic and agile business.
If you’re a team player who is passionate about healthcare and we’ve just described your career aspirations, then please click on the APPLY button.
Interested in a career with BD, but this position doesn’t fit your skills and experience? Join our external EMEA Talent Community here: http://bd.tal3nt.community/
Primary Work LocationIRL Wexford - Enniscorthy
Recommendto a friend
"I like being able to make a difference. Working at BD is an opportunity where the products save lives every day."
Current Employee - Anonymous, Limerick