Country Business Leader MMS Benelux
Job Description Summary
Country Business Leader Benelux – Medication Management Solutions(MMS)
Belgium or the Netherlands
A superb, wide-ranging business leadership career development role with BD, a global leader in Medical Technology.
BD is a global medical technology company focused on improving drug therapies, enhancing the quality and speed of diagnosing infectious diseases, and advancing research and discovery of new drugs and vaccines. BD provides an environment which enables our highly talented workforce to be the best at their professions. We are always seeking people who have a passion and commitment to join our Company on its journey to ‘advancing the world of health’.
Reports to: Country General Manager Benelux; VP/GM Medication Management Solutions Europe
Key purpose of the role
Strategic and Financial
- Localize Western European (WE) strategic plan for Benelux and lead business development activities consistently with the MMS Europe Leadership Team directions
- As a member of the MMS European Leadership Team, advise and contribute to the strategic and financial planning for Europe: Strategic, Operational and Financial planning; Budgeting and Forecasting
- Maintain customer, market and competitive knowledge; analyze, identify and articulate adjacent new opportunities and future risks to the Leadership Team for information and/or further consideration.
- Work with the Country General Manager Benelux and VP/GM’s to ensure the business interests are properly voiced and acted upon in BDX local committees (countries) and to support local BDX initiatives
Tactical & Operational
- Optimize country revenue growth and financial performance, maximize income
- Define and achieve tactical and financial goals for countries
- Lead cross functional integration within MMS (Infusion, dispensing, oncology) of all customer facing forces in the sub region and countries, direct, shared resources and cross business (sales, marketing, medical, customer service, etc), drive synergies, efficiency gains and efficacy across the sub-region.
- Establish the Business Operation Agenda and Planning; ensure coordinated execution from all required resources (country, region and WE region). Guarantee “real time” tactical adjustment in and across countries
- Lead rapid adoption of and compliance with key business and management processes and tools i.e. CRM, ASR and Monthly reporting system. Recommend improvements
Organizational Capability & HR
- Identify capability gaps, define and implement organizational capability build up plan
- Achieve Sales, Key Account Management and Commercial Marketing excellence
- Build up talent pipeline and manage succession planning
- Achieve and maintain best in class customer facing ratio and efficiency, lead CI and performance enhancement programs with leading indicators
Top Requirements for the role
- Develop and execute the agreed ASR (3 year Strategic, Operational and Financial planning) with specific country strategic, tactical and financial contributions
- Manage the Portfolio of key Strategic High Value accounts: acquisition, development and retention within the Sub Region.
- Manage the overall HRP activity: acquisition, development and retention of key talent and competencies, maintain highest level of associate engagement (i.e. Gallup Q12)
- Manage, monitor and drive the key sales and marketing and business development programs across each country ensuring best practice is shared and capability developed.
- Provide the framework to maximize opportunities and upsides from performance and provide action plans to rectify down side performance
- Manage, drive and develop the Business objectives and operational plan across Sub-region to ensure great predictability of the MMS business, to monitor the overall business performance: Revenue, OIBT, Sales Funnel, Cash Instruments, Product and Customer Mix (KAM), Pricing, Risk and Opportunity Management
- In conjunction with the VP/GM and the Country Sales Manager and marketing Mgr, ensure a central translation of the strategic plan and manage the delivery of the cross functional agreed sales plans and local BDX initiatives (Customer Centricity, Distribution management, Key Business Objectives, setting standards for Project compass roll out)
- Become an active member of the Benelux Business leadership team as well as the MMS Western Europe leadership team
- Manage the Business Operations Calendar for the countries and lead on the Performance Calls and Country Business Reviews
- Maintain customer intimacy and competitive environment knowledge: competitors, KOL, others key stakeholders: political, financial, regulatory, unions, etc
- Comfortable leading and managing change programs and contributing beyond own function scope of expertise
- Exceptional influencing skills and internal political savviness: upward, downward and across to ensure success in a highly complex matrix organization; and external: public relations and public policy
- Willing and capable to deliver and contribute beyond the scope of current role and MMS business unit
- Engaged and motivated to succeed in a complex business and positively resolve conflict management
- Multi-lingual within the countries
- Strategic and Key Account Selling
- Fundamental strategic and tactical marketing knowledge
- P&L Management and key financial measures (ROI, NPV, etc)
- Business Development
- Action and Result Oriented
- People Management
- Change Management
- Process and fact based driven
- Ability to work within a matrix environment
- Demonstrates strong big-picture thinking; effectively integrates and balances long-term opportunities and challenges, with day-to-day activities
- Strong influencer
- Analysis and decision making
- Planning and organization
- Team-working and ability to influence at all levels
- High personal accountability
- Ability to create and manage high performing teams
- Ability to effectively work cross-functionally, with key functions such as operations, supply chain, finance, HR
- Operates on the basis of trust and generates engagement with the team & individuals on the basis of open dialogue.
- Establishes creative approaches to develop capabilities in individuals and teams
- Drives the “crucial conversations” about identifying gaps in performance and confronting low/marginal performance
- Has the capability, aptitude and ability to develop into a VP/GM and/or a CGM role within 5 years
- Has a university degree, preferably with an MBA or equivalent business experience, fluent in English
- Proven track record of driving strategic sales and managing plan vs forecast/budget across Europe in several countries
- Has a proven experience in driving P&L for a business unit, result driven with creative and innovative approach, showing good business acumen and a strong sense for the commercialization.
- Very comfortable in multi-cultural situations and has been successful in assignments beyond own native environment
- Proven development of strategy, stakeholder engagement and delivery
- Has a clear however flexible leadership style with listening and empowerment of the team at the heart, with clear demonstrable evidence of delivery through others
- Particularly effective in coaching and developing people and embedding / sustaining performance excellence into the team
- Is a networker who knows how to effectively operate into a complex matrix business environment and a consensus driven culture, as well as a true team player who actively participates to cross national projects and initiatives.
- Is willing to embrace and live BD corporate values
- Highly self aware and self starter
- Not accept good is good enough, is a game changer
- Proven track record of positive conflict resolution
- Experience in sales and marketing (not just one) in an international healthcare environment with P&L responsibility and significant people management skills.
- A proven track record of successful management and strategic leadership experience across broad functional areas.
- An experience in setting direction and providing effective solutions and initiatives to manage a growing business unit.
- An extensive knowledge of the healthcare market and practices, preferably in a high-technology segment with high level relationships with key academic and industry contacts.
It’s a superb, all-round business leadership career development role with a world leader in medical devices.So if this describes you and your aspirations, then please click on the APPLY button.
Interested in a career with BD, but this position doesn’t fit your skills and experience? Join our Talent Pool here: https://emea.jobs.bd.com/#jobs-alerts-wrapper
Primary Work LocationBEL Erembodegem - Dorp 86
Recommendto a friend
"I like being able to make a difference. Working at BD is an opportunity where the products save lives every day."
Current Employee - Anonymous, Limerick