Employee Relations Manager
Job Description Summary
Employee Relations Manager
Becton Dickinson is now recruiting an Employee Relations Manager for our Employee Relations COE in the Benelux. If you’re that person, submit your CV/resume now!
Excited to grow your career?
We value our talented employees, and whenever possible strive to help one of our associates grow professionally before recruiting new talent to our open positions. If you think the open position you see is right for you, we encourage you to apply!
The Employee Relations Manager is responsible for providing advice and counsel to managers and employees on a variety of employee relations and performance management issues.
This role reports to the European Employee Relations Lead
The main objective of the role is to:
- Work collaboratively with and provide day-to-day coaching and advice to managers and all other assigned employees in a wide variety of employee relations issues, performance management, and policy interpretation.
- Provide support, advice, coaching and counsel when approached by individual associates or managers on employee relations topics. Develop trusting relationship and protect confidentiality as long as this is in the interest of all parties.
- Review and assist managers in corrective action, performance improvement, and termination documentation.
- Identify and analyze legal/compliance risks in employment situations.
- Partner with the Benelux HR Director and Employment Legal team to review and make recommendations on complex issues, such as terminations, investigations, to effectively manage company risk.
- Stay current on employment law and employment law trends.
- Conduct internal investigations of simple to moderate complexity, document findings and make recommendations to management as appropriate.
- Collaborate with the Global Learning team to develop and deploy manager effectiveness, HR compliance, and other employee relations-related training programs.
- Provide support to managers and other HR functions throughout the annual performance review process. This includes helping craft Individual Impact Goals, development plans and quality written and verbal feedback.
- Track and interpret trends in employee relations to proactively identify issues and develop training and other solutions.
As a successful candidate, it would be our expectation that you have:
- Bachelor’s degree. Preferably in Management, Human Resources, Employee Relations or Psychology
- Demonstrable Employee Relations experience and profound experience in soft HR skills.
- Experience managing a wide variety of complex, high risk and sensitive employment-related cases from intake to investigation to resolution
- Professional qualifications in Human Resources
In addition, the following skills are required:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with the ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to work autonomous and prioritize workload, taking into account the sense of urgency
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and ability to exercise sound judgment based on policies, procedures, practices, risk factors and precedent
- Excellent interpersonal and active listening skills with an ability to inspire trust and confidence and effectively influence the decision-making process
- Solid and up to date knowledge of Belgian employment law (knowledge of Dutch legislation is a plus)
- Experience supporting different stakeholders at all management levels
- Must be fluent in English in both written and oral communications
- Some travel may be required to meet individuals where complex cases to be resolved face to face
Primary Work Location
Office based with some flexibility.
Primary Work LocationBEL Erembodegem - Dorp 86
Recommendto a friend
"I like being able to make a difference. Working at BD is an opportunity where the products save lives every day."
Current Employee - Anonymous, Limerick