Job Description SummaryAt our headquarters in Erembodegem (Belgium), we have our Financial Center Of Excellence, in which we have over 60 associates and more than 10 different nationalities.
The Center Of Excellence aims to centralize financial & accounting services for Europe, CIS region, Africa and Middle-East by maximizing efficiency, knowledge, and expertise within GL finance.
We are currently looking for an amazing Intercompany Accountant to strengthen our team!
As Intercompany Accountant, you contribute to accurate Intercompany accounting and related financial activities in order to maximize the effectiveness of services provided to our different stakeholders
- Execution of the financial activities assigned to the Intercompany Team, in order to guarantee quality and on-time completion of various tasks and processes like:
- Prepare monthly reconciliations for balance sheet and intercompany accounts
- Analyze aging for Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivables
- Analyze and resolve the discrepancies related to Intercompany 'Unbilled Suspense account'
- Analyze GRIR discrepancies and resolve the outstanding items
- Assist in the preparation of ad-hoc reports as necessary
- Posting & Prepare of Intercompany invoices
- Prepare & Finalize intercompany payments (Netting)
- Support to the Below The Line Forecasting process with providing data analyses
- Ensure internal & SOX controls are followed in order to guarantee completeness, correctness, and security of key financial data and accounting transactions.
- Discuss possible improvement, standardization opportunities and execute the agreed-upon process changes within their own area, in order to support a continuous increase in the efficiency of Intercompany processes
- Contribute directly to the following metrics for Intercompany: AP Aging Europe, AR Aging Europe, Book To Tie aging, Interco Suspense account aging, GR/IR Aging Interco.Report out your findings and escalate when appropriate
- Participate in project teams to support the implementation of process improvements within their area of responsibility.
- You have a relevant business or accounting degree
- You have a first Finance experience
- You have a very good knowledge of Microsoft PC Tools
- You have a strong analytical mind
- You are fluent in written and spoken English, each additional European language is a plus
- You can work independently but are also an excellent team player
What can you expect from us?
- A varied function in an international organization with a big social contribution
- An informal working atmosphere, dynamic corporate culture and an environment that lets you grow and develop.
- An attractive remuneration package
Interested? Apply now!
To ensure the safety of our associates, BD supports remote work where possible. This position is based in the listed location, but is temporarily remote-based due to Covid-19. We are continuing to monitor the situation and follow local governmental guidance to advise when is the right time and safe for our associates to return to their BD work location.
Primary Work LocationBEL Erembodegem - Dorp 86
Recommendto a friend
"I like being able to make a difference. Working at BD is an opportunity where the products save lives every day."
Current Employee - Anonymous, Limerick