Laboratory Informatics Specialist
Job Description SummaryBy aligning and simplifying our work, our Integrated Diagnostic Solutions (IDS) business unit aims to drive growth and innovation around everything from integrated specimen management to diagnostic solutions.
Reporting to Laboratory Informatics Area Manager, the Local Laboratory Informatics Specialist is responsible for field service delivery for the business, deliver technical support and preventative maintenance on the assigned BD informatics platforms and systems within the assigned region in order to guarantee customer satisfaction through an outstanding service and mastery of reported incidents and requests of the customer. Demonstrate continuous & versatile learning, attending ongoing technical training to become proficient on relevant platforms in your region.
For this position, you can be located anywhere in Belgium.
- Completing service strategies to assure high quality service and support for new and existing product platforms
- Delivering product expertise for Network Configuration and Computer Infrastructure for the implementation of our Middleware solutions at customer site
- Troubleshooting, Information Systems Integration and roll out BD Remote Support tools.
- Supporting local country teams in building their knowledge and proficiencies in pre-sales, sales, implementation and post-sales support processes
- Collaboration with Field Service Engineers, Application Specialists, Commercial teams and the Local and Regional Service and Marketing organizations
- As a domain expert, providing support to customers of BD’s middleware products and related informatics and connectivity solutions.
- Supporting the launch and adoption of new technologies and portfolio innovations with particular focus on informatics solutions
- Degree in Computer Sciences/Networking/Technical degree
- Knowledge of information systems, including computer hardware, Operating System configuration, network design and troubleshooting and virtualization technologies
- You are proficient in English as well as in Dutch or French
- Commercial savvy and excellent problem-solving skills
- Flexible and proactive demeanor towards changing priorities and multiple workstreams
- Comfortable to communicate at multiple levels within customers and the BD organization
- As it is a field-based role, you are willing to travel (up to 30%)
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, or any other protected status.
To learn more about BD visit https://emea.jobs.bd.com/
Primary Work LocationBEL Erembodegem - Dorp 86
Additional LocationsNLD Amsterdam - Herikerbergweg, NLD Drachten - Kraaiheide
Recommendto a friend
"I like being able to make a difference. Working at BD is an opportunity where the products save lives every day."
Current Employee - Anonymous, Limerick