Logistics Operational Excellence Lead
Job Description SummaryThis is a fantastic opportunity for a talented and highly motivated positive individual to participate to the renewal of the organization which is looking to move toward robust and deeply applied Continuous Improvement system and mindset.
Reporting to the Senior Director Logistics EMEA, this brand new role will be be responsible for creating a culture of operational and customer excellence, implementing change and driving continuous improvement across the network through a strengthen BD Production System with focus on the mindset of Zero Loss in Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost and People, engaging all associates.
This strong continuous improvement identity will be created through the application of CI expertise, methodologies and tools associated, to ensure expected sustainable performance improvements in the areas of safety, quality, delivery, cost, and People.
Belonging to the EMEA Supply Chain broad organization, the role will bring value to the entire region, vertically and horizontally, both in facilities and wider enterprise.
- Drive change management in all the dimensions of the EMEA logistics network (culture and system) while sustaining performance.
- Coordinate the implementation of BD Production System and governance process with focus on the mindset of Zero Loss in Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost and People engaging all employees.
- Drive and coordinate year on year improvements across EMEA Logistics network but also the entire network End to End looking at existing loss landscape and proposing improvements by challenging existing practices.
- Promote a leadership style that is proactive, open, fact-based and customer focused
- Promote an environment that honest and fair; encouraging creativity and a willingness to make changes; aligned with the new “BD Way”
To be successful in this role, you will be an influential, operational excellence leader with the ability to drive change and work cross functionally within a matrixed environment.
We are hiring for potential, so you will also have the desire and capacity to grow within our organisation.
You will have:
- Excellent understanding of the interaction between operational excellence and customer service
- A passion for safety, customer centricity and operational excellence
- Previous experience in implementing, and strong knowledge of, Lean and Six Sigma business systems.
- Excellent and effective verbal and written communication skills with people at all levels
- Strong track record in project or program management
- Experience of working in a multi-site environment
- Business acumen and ability to display the linkage between projects and desired business impact.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or other bachelor’s degree with master six sigma credentials
- Master’s degree desirable
- Six Sigma black belt certification or strong proved lean experience
You will be:
- Flexible and able to travel across the country and abroad occasionally.
- Team Player
- Ability to influence without authority
- Strategic thinking and Leadership
- Champion change and innovation
- Working with highly matrixes organization / Organizational savvy
- Building effective transversal team and network
- Managing Complexity and diversity / Adaptability
- Financial acumen
- Ability to translate business objectives into tactical activities for each site
- Results Oriented
- Language: Fluent English mandatory, Dutch as a plus
This role will be based in one of our offices in Belgium, either Temse or Erembodegem.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you, please hit "apply"!
Primary Work LocationBEL Erembodegem - Dorp 86
Additional LocationsBEL Temse - Laagstraat
Recommendto a friend
"I like being able to make a difference. Working at BD is an opportunity where the products save lives every day."
Current Employee - Anonymous, Limerick