Commercial Excellence Director - Medical Segment MDS - EMEA (Eysins based)
Job Description SummaryReporting to the VP/GM MDS EMEA, and as a member of the MDS EMEA Leadership Team, the Commercial Excellence Director provides strategic leadership in MDS’ transformation to a customer-centric solution provider. This role is responsible for initiating, driving and recommending strategic insights and direction with regards to future customer needs, enabling MDS to design and adapt the right commercial organization, with optimized processes, tools and metrics to accelerate business growth and maintain / gain competitive advantage.
This is a key strategic role where the overall objective will be to define our MDS Vision 2030 and ensure successful execution of our MDS 2025 strategy.
This role will work closely with MDS Country Business Leaders in the region to ensure cohesive strategy development and implementation. Key aspects of this role will be continuous engagement and collaboration with key internal stakeholders across the organization, including key functional business partners such as IT, Inside Sales, Marketing and Finance organization. He/she will use data and customer insights to identify innovation opportunities within our regional operating model.This position is located at our headquarters in Eysins, Switzerland.
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 70,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
As a leading manufacturer and supplier of products that are used daily in healthcare, the Medication Delivery Solutions (MDS) team provides a wide range of products for injection and infusion therapy, regional anesthesia and closed medication management.
About the role
Reporting to the VP/GM of MDS EMEA, and as a member of the MDS EMEA Leadership Team, the Commercial Excellence Director provides strategic leadership in MDS’ transformation to a customer-centric solution provider.
This role is a newly created position regarding business needs where you will have the open doors in creating a team and scope and have an impact on MDS business. You will work closely with MDS Country Business Leaders in the region to ensure cohesive strategy development and implementation. Key aspects of responsibility are continuous engagement and collaboration with key internal partners across the organization, including key functional business partners such as IT, Inside Sales, Marketing and Finance organization.
This is a key strategic role where the overall objective will be to define our MDS Vision 2030 and ensure the successful execution of our MDS 2025 strategy.
Main responsibilities include:
Sales Force Effectiveness & Customer Centricity
- Lead the continuous evolvement of sales efficiency initiatives and tools (e.g. CRM, BD Way of Selling, account segmentation, and prioritization).
- Define and coordinate harmonized metrics and reporting across countries.
- Drive effective Tender management process together with relevant critical metrics, with a particular focus on the “pretender activities".
- Empower the MDS EMEA Pricing & Value Optimization strategy across the region, tying the strategy and implementation of our regional plan.
- Drive pricing & value optimization excellence through a combination of governance, processes, tools, training, methodological mentorship, and sharing standard methodologies.
- Support country teams in the design of commercial offers for key tenders, through pricing strategic mentoring, cases, and fact-based decision-making.
- Supervise relevant market pricing indicators, and legal/regulatory indicators, that could prevent and/or drive our pricing strategy efficiently.
Organizational capabilities & Talent Management
- Align the organization’s capabilities, structure & incentives to deliver on an MDS EMEA Commercial Excellence and Customer Centricity Strategy.
- Establish, reinforce and supervise a high-performance approach: models accountability, mentoring, and dedication to associate development and partnership; develops trust through ethical and consistent behaviors. Responsible for Talent Management within the direct reporting line.
We are looking for an ambitious leader and strategic problem solver who can understand and articulate the strategic direction of the business. The ideal profile has previous professional real life experience in driving/leading sales, specifically: leading sales teams, developing/proposing new GTMs/and or even having experience in managing tenders. In addition, you will have used customer data and information to find opportunities for innovation within our regional operating model. (A validated usage of SFDC will be ideal). You will also have a strong knowledge of the European public sector healthcare market, giving you a good understanding of public tender processes in different locations.
Primary Work LocationCHE Eysins - Business Park Terre-Bonne
Recommendto a friend
"I like being able to make a difference. Working at BD is an opportunity where the products save lives every day."
Current Employee - Anonymous, Limerick