EMEA Demand Planner - Diagnostic Systems (M/F)
Job Description Summary
EMEA Demand Planner Diagnostic Systems
Eysins / Switzerland
A superb, wide-ranging EMEA Demand Planner Diagnostic Systems career development role with BD, a global leader in Medical Technology.
BD is a global medical technology company focused on improving drug therapies, enhancing the quality and speed of diagnosing infectious diseases, and advancing research and discovery of new drugs and vaccines. BD provides an environment which enables our highly talented workforce to be the best at their professions. We are always seeking people who have a passion and commitment to join our Company on its journey to ‘helping all people live healthy lives’.
You will join a talented team of 8 Supply & Demand professionals dedicated to our Diagnostic Systems portfolio, who are part of our EMEA Supply Chain Centre of Excellence located in Eysins (VD), Switzerland. You will oversee strategic product portfolios for the business unit for both Instruments and Consumables products.
Working with Marketing associates, country analysts, Sales leaders and finance colleagues, you will provide guidance and coordination in key areas of the demand planning processes to ensure consistency and high performance regionally. You will lead the aggregation of regional demand for the businesses and provide timely information to all relevant processes (WW Demand & Supply Review, Regional S&OP)
Bring your communication, problem-solving and analytical skills to our Supply Chain Centre of Excellence.
As the owner of the regional demand planning process for the businesses, you will be responsible for leading and coordinating the monthly demand consensus by region (monthly through to long range demand planning) for the businesses by actively engaging the marketing and finance community as key participants in the process.
You will also initiate and drive improvements in the process through increased market knowledge and systems usage. In addition, you will focus on improvements in demand modeling, which drives greater accuracy and is directly linked to increased customer service and inventory strategies. You will also maintain a strong link to business activity and global issues as they may affect respective products, while remaining responsible for coordinating the demand for the annual long-term planning process.
Duties & Accountabilities
- Responsible for the demand figures in the WE & EMA regions indirectly driving the Production schedule of global plants, directly affecting the availability of products to the customers.
- Actively contribute and support the development and implementation of the regional business strategy in the demand planning functional area.E.g. New Product Introductions, Product Life Cycle Management, Stategic go-to Market changes, …
- Develop good statistical models through the use of the SCM DP/SP and leverage its usage in Demand Consensus for products forecasted at regional level
- Monitor Joblogs from DP background jobs after each step in the monthly process for products forecasted for sale at the regional level regardless of where produced
- Monitor DP alerts and use BI reports to identify forecast issues for products forecasted at regional level regardless of where produced
- Drive Product Classification in terms of Volume & Value share, Demand Volatility and Strategic Importance of certain product groups
- Support and provide active input to deployment and fair share allocation in short supply situations
S&OP process facilitation
- Facilitate the Regional Demand Reviews and represent that information in the Regional S&OP meetings
- Ensure timely collection and review of the appropriate information required for this forum to accurately provide nputr towards the regional supply plan
- Timely and accurately update the consensus figures into DP for monthly pass into S&OP to accurately determine production planning
- Represent the regions in the WW Demand Review; ensuring timely collection and review of the appropriate information required for this forum and jointly contribute to the decisions to ultimately determine global production
- Interface with WW Demand/Supply Planners for plants globally and S&OP Process owners
- Support WW Supply Chain key initiatives to accomplish best in class forecast accuracy and provide support in meeting goals across all other SC KPI's to ultimately help manage end-to-end Supply Chain efficiencies
Business performance management
- Support CI, cost reduction or efficiency initiatives in regional Demand Planning area using Six Sigma and best practice benchmarking methodologies
- Responsible for the Regional Key Metrics/Forecast Accuracy to attain the highest level of performance for the assigned product groups and assist in management of cost through achieving those metrics
- Consolidate, challenge the country input for the annual LTP process as well as provide regional input.
- Liaison with regional business cross-functional leadership team to understand business strategy and future business needs
To deliver the performance that we are looking for, we need a degree-level educated professional in Business, Supply Chain or a related field (APICS would be a plus), ideally with a few years of experience in Supply Chain and specifically demand planning (recent graduates will be considered). You have gained internal experience in End-to-End Supply Chain and regional networks.
Having a strong data analytics and statistical skillset, you are proficient with definitions, parameters and variables of demand and supply planning performance metrics and demonstrate a capacity to translate these metrics into meaningful business outcomes, to perform root cause analysis and apply corrective actions. You are capable to monitor Demand planning metrics performance in support of S&OP and to recommend corrective action as required. You are also able to use statistical modeling software to develop a demand plan.
An excellent communicator, you understand end user customer expectations and requirements and demonstrate a strong ability to convey your key messages to various functions (marketing, finance…) at different levels of the organization, balancing effectiveness vs. business needs. Thus, you can facilitate Regional Demand and Supply Reviews and can represent the regions in WW S&OP meetings. Furthermore, you can provide regional roll-ups of demand and supply for financial reconciliation. You have a strong understanding of market served (country) and its demand volatility affected by market place events such as tender, competitor actions, etc. Thanks to these qualities, you are able to set targets and establish plans to drive metric improvement to target at regional level
ERP experience would be a plus (SAP, APO, SCM…) as well as working knowledge of project management and CI tools (i.e., Six Sigma). Business level fluency in English is required, other European language knowledge would be a plus.
It’s a superb, all-round EMEA Demand Planner Diagnostic Systems career development role with a world leader in medical devices. So if this describes you and your aspirations, then please click on the APPLY button.
Primary Work LocationCHE Eysins - Business Park Terre-Bonne
Recommendto a friend
"I like being able to make a difference. Working at BD is an opportunity where the products save lives every day."
Current Employee - Anonymous, Limerick