European Inside Sales Director
Job Description SummaryBD is advancing the world of health. BD aspires to become the leading partner for customers to deliver value-based healthcare to patients across Europe. The COVID-19 pandemic has accelerated the need to adopt new commercial channels to meet and exceed our customers’ expectations. Closely aligned with developing our digital marketing capability, BD will become the leading MedTech company for Inside Sales over the next five years.
This is an opportunity to join our business at a highly dynamic time and establish and lead a strategically important function. Reporting to the VP Strategic Capabilities & Commercial Excellence, Europe, you will be responsible for building a successful Inside Sales organisation from ground up, initially in the UK and then extending across other key European markets over the next 5 years.
As European Director of Inside Sales, you will collaborate closely with the Country leadership teams in order to establish a centralised operation in each country with high calibre Inside Sales associates and leading-edge technology.
The Director will be accountable for meeting revenue growth expectations and operating expenditure targets for the Inside Sales team in each country.
YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
1. Identify & implement required capabilities in the UK to create an Inside Sales Operation to deliver phase 1 of the European strategy:
- Recruit, train & coach Inside Sales team
- Ensure necessary systems are aligned and operational
2. In partnership with other commercial leaders agree and refine segmentation to:
- Target products which can be sold effectively through Inside Sales channel
- Target accounts to deliver best return on promotional investment
3. Establish a set of key performance indicators (KPIs) to track the impact of the Inside Sales Operation to include:
- Revenue & GP – by country, by account, by BU, by product
- Pipeline management
- Lead generation
- Activity measures
4. In partnership with other commercial leaders develop the ‘BD Way of Inside Sales’
- Incorporate into Sales Force DC
- Implement training programme with support from Sales Force Excellence team
5. Agree criteria to create a roadmap which sequences the roll-out of Inside Sales to other countries in Europe over 3 to 5-year timeframe.
6. Stabilise legacy Inside Sales operation in country before moving focus to next target country.
This is a highly visible regional position and we seek a dynamic leader who is ambitious to advance their career at BD.
You will also possess a proven track record in leading successful Inside Sales operations in a country or countries in Europe, and ideally have experience not only leading but also building.
Additionally, you will:
Possess good understanding of omnichannel marketing
Have Intimate knowledge of the elements for a great customer experience
Demonstrate strategic agility – gain credible insights, iterate, and change where necessary
Good multi-channel communicator
Have excellent collaboration and engagement skills– able to leverage the matrix for BUs and functions
Business & Financial acumen
Be a role model for ‘The BD Way’ – Values, Leadership Commitments and Mindset.
Experience in Healthcare/Life Sciences is a plus but not essential.
Primary Work LocationCHE Eysins - Business Park Terre-Bonne
Recommendto a friend
"I like being able to make a difference. Working at BD is an opportunity where the products save lives every day."
Current Employee - Anonymous, Limerick