European Marketing Manager BD IDS - Women Health, Molecular and POC
Job Description Summary
European Marketing Manager BD IDS - Women Health, Molecular and POC
A superb, wide-ranging marketing career development role with BD, a global leader in Medical Technology.
BD is a global medical technology company focused on improving drug therapies, enhancing the quality and speed of diagnosing infectious diseases, and advancing research and discovery of new drugs and vaccines. BD provides an environment which enables our highly talented workforce to be the best at their professions. We are always seeking people who have a passion and commitment to join our Company on its journey to ‘helping all people live healthy lives’.
Integrated Diagnostic Solutions is a newly creating business unit offering an enhanced patient impact through end to end Clinical diagnostics solutions, from specimen management to infectious disease treatment.
Our new business unit is focused on positively impact patient outcomes, driving growth and innovation. As part of this strategic journey, we are hiring a Marketing Manager for Molecular, Women Health and Point of Care portfolio.
Whilst we want to leverage the fast growing segment of molecular testing, the role will be at the crossing roads of strategic market development , bringing to market solutions to significantly impact women health and exciting launches of new solutions for HPV and Molecular high throughput testing.
This position will be instrumental in reaching those strategic imperatives for IDS in Europe.
The European Marketing Manager is accountable for the achievement of Sales and GP target for the relevant platforms, functional marketing excellence and reaching of the above strategic goals.
The incumbent will be responsible of the direct management of a team of European Product Managers,
He/she demonstrates business ownership; decisions or recommendations; consistently delivers results by setting KPIs to ensure the proper execution of plans; applies customer expertise and deep knowledge of market to develop impactful marketing strategies and related support tools tailored to drive customer segment's behaviour, and partners with the country organization for optimal deployment.
He/she influences within and across regional sales, marketing and support functions; represents the strategic Women Health & Molecular platform by providing input into product line-related business decisions and resource planning; plays critical role in key projects/ initiatives, often leading market and/or patient focused project/ initiative teams.
This person will drive KOL development and management for their products group and collaborate with the European Scientific and Medical teams, Public Policies and HEOR teams to build strong clinical evidence and access to market strategy.
The Marketing Manager will provide marketing expertise through specific and advanced set of skills and knowledge, e.g. branding, marketing communication, product and portfolio management, market planning and execution.
He/ she will Contributes to regional product planning and strategy and collaborate tightly with the Worldwide Platform.
- Manages all aspects of marketing plans for assigned markets to ensure the achievement of financial/budget expectations and go-to-market strategies, including market sensing, market development and marketing mix
- Lead the successful development and flawless implementation of new product launches and related commercialization plans, strategies and activities
- Develop deep insights through research and analytics to inform marketing and product development decision-making, plans, activities and the organization
- Understands drivers of demand for assigned product line(s) such as pricing strategy, channel strategy, contracting, and product mix; communicates to WW Product Platform
- Manage the brand strategy to be consistently executed across the organization
- Optimize financial performance and leverage resources required for marketing success and related business performance of the product lines
- Work with the Marketing Communications COE to develop and manage marketing communications plans, activities, events and agencies according to brand strategies and goals
- Ensure consistency yet encourage innovation in brand and company marketing communications
- Develop and champion go-to-market and other marketing plans, planning processes, and programs with collaborative implementation
- Support analysis and implementation of market shaping and development opportunities and related initiatives
- Optimize the complete life cycle of assigned products and related portfolios, including Product Development
- Proactively contribute to strategic innovation
- Direct management Product Managers for the relevant portfolio
- Talent development: recruits, motivates and develops individuals within and outside the regional team in order to advance the marketing bench-strength of the business.
Experience and education required:
- Suggested minimum of 5 to 10 years of business experience in the life sciences/ medical in-vitro diagnostics industry
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years in product and/or market management.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of people management
- Experience and understanding of working in a large matrix organisation
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA or Post-graduate Marketing qualification preferred
- Strong communication and analytical skills, with strong technical marketing acumen
- Communicates effectively and persuasively both inside and outside of the organization in a variety of presentation settings
- Team leadership experience
- Experience/knowledge in Molecular Biology and / or Cytology is a plus
- Must be a skilled communicator and able to influence across a matrix, often without direct authority
- Charismatic people leader – someone who others want to work for
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong strategic agility
- Ability to provide constructive challenge and to drive changes
- Results-driven and action-oriented with ability to be flexible and agile
- High degree of dependability: takes ownership of tasks and get things done
- Sets goals and prioritises
- Mental agility
- Dealing with ambiguity - has the flexibility to deal with change
- Takes directions well and does so with a positive attitude
- Demonstrated ability to work well with teams
- Ability to influence without authority, using relationships and networks within the BD matrix to influence strategies within the region and at a global level
Job Specific Requirements:
It’s a superb, all-round marketing career development role with a world leader in medical devices.So if this describes you and your aspirations, then please click on the APPLY button.
Primary Work LocationCHE Eysins - Business Park Terre-Bonne
Recommendto a friend
"I like being able to make a difference. Working at BD is an opportunity where the products save lives every day."
Current Employee - Anonymous, Limerick