Senior Director, Global Transportation
Job Description Summary
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
About the role
Reporting to the VP Global Logistics & Trade, the Senior Director of Global Transportation will ensure that we deliver products from our 80+ plants. This leader will develop, implement, and maintain an optimized, reliable, and cost-competitive global transportation network supporting the needs of the business. This includes ocean carriers, international parcel services, and inland drayage carriers to move goods from manufacturing to both intercompany regional distribution hubs and to our customers, and from importing manufacturing suppliers into our regional plants.
You lead the global transportation and intercompany order fulfillment functions (3 subordinates, overall team of 50).
Other key responsibilities will include:
- Developing, implementing and communicating global transportation metrics and scorecards driving analytics of transportation/freight data to achieve excellent service
- Leading periodic rate benchmarking and global bid exercises to ensure global transportation services and rates are competitive
- Supporting regional teams with transportation service challenges, network analysis, and capability development
- Using services, technologies, and digital transformation solutions to optimize processes and performance, ie. TMS, Control Tower freight payment and audit systems
- Collaborating with Global Logistics and Trade and supporting functions including Quality, Regulatory, IT, Finance and Procurement to ensure the network operates efficiently, compliantly, and at acceptable quality levels. This includes importing and exporting goods, shipping temp-controlled products and hazardous materials, following security guidelines for C-TPAT and certified cargo screening, and maintaining adequate network redundancy to ensure business continuity.
We are looking for an experienced leader in international transportation operations and logistics with proven involvement in running global transportation networks, including the management of a global network of third-party global logistics partners in a large, matrix environment. Experience in the healthcare industry would be a strong asset as well as experience within a 3PL. Cold chain distribution experience is also a strong plus.
A high degree of interpersonal and communication skills with multiple functions, business units and external partners and customers will be crucial for success in the role. Strong analytical skills with the ability to use data to drive business decisions are also a must.
Other key competencies include:
- Strong focus on customers and a track record of delivering outstanding service levels
- Excellent program/project/organisational change skills
- Collaborative leadership skills with emphasis on relationship development and consensus building
- Certifications would be a plus: Hazmat, DOT Hazardous Transportation, Certified Cargo Screening, C-TPAT training, APICS, Six Sigma Blackbelt
Click on apply if this sounds like you!
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, or any other protected status.
To learn more about BD visit https://emea.jobs.bd.com/
Primary Work LocationCHE Eysins - Business Park Terre-Bonne
Recommendto a friend
"I like being able to make a difference. Working at BD is an opportunity where the products save lives every day."
Current Employee - Anonymous, Limerick