Senior Director Operational Excellence (M/F)
Job Description SummaryWho we are
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. The company supports the heroes on the frontlines of health care by developing innovative technology, services and solutions that help advance both clinical therapy for patients and clinical process for health care providers.
About the role
This is an opportunity to participate to the renewal of an organization which is looking to move toward proactive and standardized Continuous Improvement system and mindset.
Reporting to the Operational Excellence Vice President, you will be responsible for creating a culture of operational and customer excellence, implementing change and driving continuous improvement across the BDX network through a strengthen BD Production System with focus on the mindset of Zero Loss in Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost, engaging all associates.
Belonging to the corporate Operational Excellence broad organization, you will bring value to the entire company, vertically and horizontally, both in facilities and wider enterprise.
You will be responsible for:
- Developing and implementing capabilities to support a global Standard BD Production System and governance process with focus on the mindset of Zero Loss in Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost, engaging all employees
- Driving the development of a BD Standard Production System maturity level assessment that every site will be measured against
- Driving the change across the operational organization and creating progressively a best in class continuous improvement culture and identity in partnership with the Director Manufacturing Process and his team
- Working with each Cluster Leaders and their team on the understanding of Business objectives and consequent roadmap development to deliver the expected goals through the BD Production System
- Proposing improvements to business processes by challenging existing practices
- Establishing and maintaining relationships throughout BDX network ensuring alignment of priorities
- Driving the standardization and harmonization of practices
- Developing and building capabilities and talents across the organization to sustain success of BD Production System
- Promoting a leadership style that is proactive, open and customer focused
- Promoting an environment that is open, honest and fair; encouraging creativity and a willingness to make change, along with BD values
We seek a highly skilled leader with experience designing and implementing strategic, cross-company programmes. You will have strong business acumen and experience working with a large distributed workforce within a matrixed environment.
A demonstrated leader, you can remove obstacles and empower others, debate and decide, then commit & go. You are able to create a strategy and share a vision, with excellent change management skills.
Other key requirements:
- 10+ years in a related role
- Certified Black Belt or Lean leader - Master Black Belt preferred
- Excellent planning, organization, analysis, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to influence and motivate teams
- Proven track record of delivering tangible results
- Project management expertise
Bachelors degree (preferably in a relevant business discipline)
Medical device experience is a plus, but we are also very interested to speak to candidates from other industries that have a strong focus on operational excellence, for example automotive, FMCG, Pharmaceutical etc.
If this describes you and your aspirations, then please click on the APPLY button.
This role will close for applications on 13th July 2020.
Primary Work LocationCHE Eysins - Business Park Terre-Bonne
Recommendto a friend
"I like being able to make a difference. Working at BD is an opportunity where the products save lives every day."
Current Employee - Anonymous, Limerick