VP Lean Management (M/F)
Job Description SummaryAbout BD
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. The company supports the heroes on the frontlines of health care by developing innovative technology, services and solutions that help advance both clinical therapy for patients and clinical process for health care providers.
About the role
This is an opportunity to participate to the renewal of an organization which is looking to move toward proactive and standardized Continuous Improvement system and mindset.
The VP of Lean Management will have the responsibility for developing strategy and innovative solutions leveraging latest digital and industry practices to optimize performance and standardize across BD Global manufacturing footprint using lean methodologies.
In this role, you will oversee the strategic direction for the Technology Applications and associated work systems required to improve process reliability, lower costs, and drive best practice adoption. You will also assess, plan and execute all elements of transformational performance to sustain year on year productivity and operational excellence.
This role is focused on savings attainment over and above those targeted within each business unit via cross business adoption of common technologies. Savings can be achieved through areas such as greater leverage in equipment procurement, streamlined qualification and validation activities, faster and broader adoption of CI opportunities across more systems based on utilization of standard technologies across business units.
Your impact will be measured through demonstrated improvement in the effective use of manufacturing technology and business process systems resulting in efficiency improvement (i.e. Six Sigma process capability, improved OEE’s), reduced cost of manufacturing, and identification, sharing, and cross business adoption of applicable technology innovation.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Responsibility for BD Lean management strategic approach across the E2E ISC manufacturing and supply chain network. Utilizing industry best practices, IT business process and digitalization technologies to ensure we meet key ISC Strategic deliverables. Will align with Segment and business strategies in support of meeting Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost objectives.
- Accountable for the process and governance of plant network architecture strategy across BDX, including future world-wide architecture analysis. Closely collaborate with Segments, Business Units (BU’s), regions, functions, and external consultants.
- Own process and governance for major ISC initiatives. As appropriate, provide leadership or supporting roles on major Recode projects. Work closely with Segments, BU’s, regions, and functions to ensure delivery of committed savings over the integration period.
- Explore external market for enabling technologies in support of BD CI strategies. Promote innovation across whole ISC organization. Serve as a change agent to facilitate strategic technological shifts/introductions.
- On a worldwide basis, leads effort to develop future talent within operations. Leads the CI development program and manufacturing development program.
We seek a highly skilled leader with experience designing and implementing strategic, cross-company programs. You will have strong business acumen and experience working with a large distributed workforce within a matrixed environment. You demonstrate outstanding leadership skills to ensure timely and seamless integrative projects are established and completed.
Other key requirements include:
- Advanced and in-depth knowledge of Lean methodology and various other CI tools and concepts.
- BS degree in Engineering required, advanced degree in Engineering or Business (MBA) preferred
- Six Sigma and/or Design for Six Sigma preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of cost systems, quality systems, management principles and practices, manufacturing equipment and processes, and new product development processes.
- Ability to influence peers, leaders, and subordinates to enhance cross-business collaboration and drive change initiatives.
Medical device experience (specifically experience in the design, development, and commercialization of complex high-speed medical device manufacturing automation systems) is a plus, but we are also very interested to speak to candidates from other industries that have a strong focus on operational excellence, for example automotive, FMCG, Pharmaceutical etc.
If this describes you and your aspirations, then please click on the APPLY button.
Primary Work LocationCHE Eysins - Business Park Terre-Bonne
Recommendto a friend
"I like being able to make a difference. Working at BD is an opportunity where the products save lives every day."
Current Employee - Anonymous, Limerick