IT Business Analyst
Job Description Summary
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
Our vision for IT Team at BD
In our BD IT team, we deliver effective and innovative technologies that help us to keep our entire business running day to day. Our aim is to provide the tools, systems, insights and protection for BD associates to efficiently do their work.
About the role
As IT Business Analyst, you´ll be in charge for driving and executing process improvement by applying new IT driven process in the operations area of the plant. This person will conduct analysis, prepare appropriate solution direction, and secure the work is delivered as expected. Above all, this individual will be required to collaborate with internal and external specialists to ensure that business requirements are crafted, prioritized, and delivered. This is an excellent opportunity for someone to facilitate bringing the appropriate technology, process, and workplace solutions together as they contribute to the production execution agenda.
The objective of this role is to actively working with the operations teams (including the business process networks) to understand their priorities and work to identify ways to improve the current process by implementing IT solutions.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Developing a deep knowledge of BD’s Manufacturing environment, including key driver goals, short- and long-term roadmaps, key personnel, etc.
- Partner with the SMEs in the area of operations teams to plan new joint initiatives, evaluate proposals, and determine how they fit into roadmaps and priorities.
- Identify and define new opportunities to maximise technology and/or process re-design to advance business strategies that directly contribute to driving revenue growth, cost optimization and/or risk mitigation and compliance.
- Develop solutions to automate the business reporting and process by adopting new technology capabilities.
- Ensure projects and initiatives are delivered, providing consistent and effective communication on status and handling critical issue and avoiding risk.
- Ensure accurate system design and documentation is in place as part of the project results according the BD standards.
Educated to Bachelor Degree in Technology, Engineering, Business or a related field is strongly preferred. The ideal candidate will bring a combination of strategic understanding, both business and technology experience, exceptional relationship building skills and problem solver attitude. In addition, this person should also possess:
- 3-5 years of business working experience in a technology function, ideally in Industrial environment.
- Familiarity with continuous improvement and project management approaches, tools, and phases.
- Should be able to drive technical discussions and to provide the needed input to define the right user requirements specifications, system design specs and related documentation.
- Knowledge on ERP systems - SAP preferable.
- IT development application knowledge.
- Microsoft Power BI knowledge.
Click on apply if this sounds like you!
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, or any other protected status.
To learn more about BD visit https://emea.jobs.bd.com/
Primary Work LocationESP Huesca - Fraga
Recommendto a friend
"I like being able to make a difference. Working at BD is an opportunity where the products save lives every day."
Current Employee - Anonymous, Limerick