Product Manager (m/f/i) Lab Automation & Data Management Solutions - Central Europe
Job Description Summary
Overall purpose of the role:
In cooperation with the IDS Central Europe and European marketing teams, the product manager will be responsible for implementing and executing the lab automation and data management solutions strategy in CE. She or he will work in close contact with the European IDS data management team, the BD Kiestra Lab Automation team and the other IDS CE product managers to help develop and drive the IDS Central European lab automation and data management solutions strategy. This is to become a more solutions and patient safety driven organization. The product manager is responsible for managing the BD KIESTRA lab automation, BD EpiCenter and BD Synapsis based data management solutions to maximize growth and profitability in Central Europe, according to regional marketing targets and guidelines. She or he is supposed to partner with the sales organization to understand customer needs and position BD´s portfolio and capabilities in a credible and differentiated way. The product manager implements and maintains "best practices" in product management, while manages extensive interaction with internal and external stakeholders.
Job Objectives & Primary role responsibilities
- Develops and executes a fact-based country marketing plan for relevant product portfolio including market shaping and development and marketing communications strategies and activities that is aligned with European and regional priorities.
- Drives knowledge and expertise of the product portfolio to the sales team
- Creates, translates and maintains sales tools and marketing communication materials including the adherence of the compliance process
- Handles product related customer requests and complaints
- Gathers and analyses information on customer insights and competitive product offerings and technologies, determine competitive strategies and tactics and communicate the information to field sales
- Regularly interact with customers through site visits, professional societies, KOL and tradeshow activities
- Partner with the sales organization to understand customer needs and position BD´s portfolio and capabilities in a credible and differentiated way
- Academic degree in Microbiology or similar education with a strong interest in technology and IT preferred
- Additional education in IT or engineering is an advantage
- Minimum of 3 years of product management/business experience in the life science or diagnostic industry
Desired Competencies & skills
- Strong analytical and conceptional skills
- Experience in driving and leading complex projects
- Fluent in English and German
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Business and financial acumen
- Ability to deal with ambiguity & change
- Ability to influence decisions, to set priorities and follow through
- Knowledge in IT solutions, SQL, networks and connectivity is a plus
- Experience in working in a matrix organization, ideally working in a multi-cultural environment
- Dynamic, innovative, engaging and inclusive personality with a “can do” mentality
- Demonstrated ability to work well with teams
- Willingness to travel up to 50% within the region
Collaboration in a highly motivated global environment. A familiar work climate in an innovative environment where your input counts. A safe workplace with long term perspectives. We endeavor a long term collaboration – hence corporate career planning throughout diverse phases of life conveys a high importance and value for us.
Primary Work LocationDEU Heidelberg - Tullastrasse
Recommendto a friend
"I like being able to make a difference. Working at BD is an opportunity where the products save lives every day."
Current Employee - Anonymous, Limerick