National Sales Manager, IDS South Africa
Job Description SummaryThe Sales Manager directly reports to the Country Business Leader. The Sales Manager ensures the achievement of the sale targets of the related team and the vendor/distributors in the region in accordance with the determined strategies. He/she provides the achievement of profitability targets and controlled growth.
This role is also responsible for the selection, training, and adaptation to coaching processes, adaptation to group policies and development of the team. Build relationships with key stakeholders such as KOL’s. Pro-actively sense the trends in the healthcare environment and position BD value added solutions
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Realization of regional sales targets:
- Is responsible for ensuring Regional IDS Sales and profitability in line with monthly and quarterly targets.
- Is responsible for the development and implementation of sales strategies determined for the region assigned to him/her.
- Determines and manages the IDS sales team's targets in line with the sales targets of the company.
- Manages, motivates and improves the team in order to achieve the company goals.
- Is responsible for managing the performance of the team.
- Plans and executes team and expense budget allocation in line with BU strategies
Effective Tender Management
- Follows the procurement processes with the team until the stage of demand creation and finalization and makes effective management to win the tender.
- Train and develop his / her team in tendering processes.
- Working in coordination with the Operations Manager and the Customer Care Specialist to ensure that the product is delivered on time and correctly.
- Works in harmony with the tender law and principles of BD and works in cooperation with the Law department when deemed necessary.
Effective Distributor Management
- Tracks the performances of distributors who are responsible in the region to reach BD sales targets on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis and manages them together with the team to reach sales targets,
- Involved in distributor selection and placement processes from beginning to end; distributor detection, evaluation, contract, performance follow-up, termination.
- Train and develop his / her team on effective distributor management.
Timely and Accurate Reporting
- Regularly receives and reports monthly sales forecasts, distributor stock levels, distributor site sales, device and sample usage reports, and weekly visit and activity reports.
- Ensures SFDC is regularly used by the whole team for forecasting and reporting of daily activities
Working on Ethical Principles and Company Rules
- Works in accordance with the laws of the United States and South Africa to which South Africa and BD are subject and Works in compliance with BD working principles, ensures that its team works within the framework of these rules
- Works in cooperation with the Legal Department to ensure compliance with legal requirements and to minimize the legal risks of the company,
- Degree level qualification or equivalent, in life sciences would be advantageous
- Post graduate certificate level qualification or equivalent, in business management would be advantageous
- Minimum 3-5 years of sales experience in Healthcare, with direct experience in IVD a plus
- Must have a proven successful sales track record, solid negotiation skills, understanding of buyer/decision maker types, exhibit effective selling, listening, and verbal/presentation skills, and ability to assess and respond to customer needs
- Experience of working in a clinical or research laboratory environment is desirable
- Experience of working with government and/or NGO tenders are desirable
- Selling full product solutions to senior stakeholders within an organization would be advantageous
- Experience of the South African Health Sector and procurement systems would be advantageous
- Experience of the Medical Distributor Model and procurement systems would be advantageous
- Experience of the Direct Delivery to Customer Model and procurement systems would be advantageous
Person Specification and Job Specific Skills:
- Action orientated with the ability to drive for results and meet targets
- Ability to deal with confidential information in a mature and professional manner
- A flexible team player with an aptitude to work collaboratively in a matrix organization
- Ability to show initiative and work autonomously when required, and be capable of independently generating leads, prioritizing and completing work
- PC Literate intermediate level in Excel/Word/PowerPoint etc.
- Advance PC skills would be advantageous
- Fluency in English (spoken and written).
- Able to work independently and prepared for frequent travel within the region
Primary Work LocationZAF Johannesburg - Woodlands Dr
Recommendto a friend
"I like being able to make a difference. Working at BD is an opportunity where the products save lives every day."
Current Employee - Anonymous, Limerick