Operations Specialist - Supply Chain & Distributor Excellence
Job Description SummaryThe Operations Specialist is responsible for distributor and customer service experience for BD products in Africa (3PL operations in South Africa is excluded).
This role is part of the management of the Africa commercial operations and distributor excellence team that supports order management via BDs European Distribution Centers while working in collaboration with regulatory, quality, technical service departments as well as all BUs. This role is responsible for processing quotations and orders, logistics coordination, customer query handling, price list maintenance, tracking of customer order status and the coordination of distributor excellence activities.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Processing customer requests for quotations, samples, returns and demo equipment
- Coordination logistics for deliveries, demo equipment, returns, documents, returns and recall
- Handling customer queries and complaints including customer credits
- Monitor and track the status of customer orders, customer queries and complaints, freight shipment
- Active daily correspondence with COE OM regarding partner and customer order placements, backorders, allocation/re-allocation, lot number and expiry acceptance and confirmations, shipments, and related activities
- Active daily correspondence with OCE finance and credit regarding partner and customer order pre-payments, letter of credit and account status.
- Active daily correspondence with local product specialists, local sales and territory managers on pricing and product knowledge.
- Ensure coordination among commercial and supply chain teams for effective planning of deliveries of products to customers and distributors, and reduce documentation errors and delays to avoid penalties
- Maintain partner and customer data profile with CMDO.
- Maintain records of partner and customer interactions, file and documents.
- Support Distributor Excellence initiatives.
- Supporting partner and customers with expediting customs clearance.
- Maintain a central Tender database.
- Coordinate tender completions and submission.
- Prepare and co-ordinate the sign-off of letter of authorisation for customers.
- Analyse compliance to tender SLA and tender volume fulfilment.
- Analyse consumption on Reagent Rental Pricing agreement.
- Coordinate customer and onboarding and off-boarding activities.
- Coordinate customer contract agreement completion, sign-off and archiving, including Reagent Rental Pricing agreement.
- Analyse and track customer contract updates and monitor contract life cycle including customer due diligence compliance status.
- Compile, maintain and analyse operations and distributor excellence performance reports and dashboard data for Africa.
Education and Qualifications:
- A 3-year bachelor’s degree in Logistics/Commerce/ Supply Chain/ Business Administration or Equivalent
- Min 3 years work experience in Import activities into African countries along with 1 – 2 years of operational logistics and/customer service experience
- Minimum of 2 years of operational logistics and customs expertise (Import & Export), Healthcare sector experience is preferred
Professional Skills & Key Competencies:
- Demonstrate the ability to handle complaints and queries, provide appropriate solutions and alternatives within set time limits and follow up to ensure resolution
- Demonstrate the ability to manage large amounts of email and telephonic correspondence.
- Demonstrate the ability to build sustainable relationships of trust through open and interactive communication with customers and internal stakeholders
- Demonstrate the ability to plan and prioritize workload
- Demonstrate experience of working with ERP systems and web-based client solutions.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Power Point
- Keep records of customer interactions, process customer accounts and file documents
- Knowledge of Incoterms and customs import and export documentation and processes
- Must be a team player supporting businesses activities
- Flexibility and adaptability in changing environment
- Result-oriented, proactive to learn new tasks quickly
- Attentive to details and works under high pressure of tough deadlines and requests from distributors and internal stakeholders
- Bilingual English and French preferred (spoken and written).
Primary Work LocationZAF Johannesburg - Woodlands Dr
Recommendto a friend
"I like being able to make a difference. Working at BD is an opportunity where the products save lives every day."
Current Employee - Anonymous, Limerick