Sales Manager Vascular Access Management - Denmark
Job Description SummaryThe Sales Manager VAM Denmark actively drives the VAM (Vascular Access Management) business growth and shapes local business strategy in alignment with regional and international strategy. He/she takes the lead to align and implement tactical execution of the sales, (marketing) and operational plans, as well as directing the development of adequate tools and processes to accelerate and drive sales and income growth.
This role reports to the Country Business Lead MDS (Medical Delivery Systems) Nordics. As a member of the Nordic MDS Management Team, this role is a key stakeholder in the Nordic decision-making process.
Together with the Nordic MDS Marketing Manager you will be responsible for the country specific approach to realize the Nordic strategy (development of, execution and follow up).
- Responsible for delivering sales and GP% targets for the VAM business in Denmark
- Reporting responsibility of the members in his/her team
- Coaching/motivation accountability in team
- Performing and exemplifying People Management and building talent that contributes to the ongoing success of the business.
- Responsible to ensure talent flow in the organization as well as to identify and develop successors for his/her function or team functions.
- Actively shape local Business Strategy in alignment with, and supporting, the overall Nordic strategy in cooperation with the CBL and the Nordic MDS Management Team.
- Identify and develop new local business opportunities to accelerate and sustain ongoing sales growth
- Actively manage pre-tender activities and, in close cooperation with the Sales team and Price & Tender team ensure professional tender management. This includes decisions on products offered, pricing and other commercial aspects of the process.
- High-Level Customer Interfacing (KOL, Hospital Directors, Medical Directors …)
- Build exceptional sales execution capabilities in line with the marketing and sales strategies
- Manage the team through reporting and tools as SaleForce.com, Customer Centricity, BD Way of Selling, Account plans, field visits, coaching on the job
- Perform the needed analytical reviews to make sure the (short and mid-term) expected results are in line with strategy and expectations
- Help the CBL and the management team in the needed forecasts, ASR and budget process and be able to provide valid overall sales comments when asked for (e.g. monthly performance comments)
- Make sure a good adaptation and execution of the BD Way of Selling embedded in the Costumer Centricity actions, is in place
Qualifications and personal attributes
- Extensive Sales Manager experience and solid knowledge of tender driven business
- You have a business degree, in addition to a solid knowledge or education from a clinical field
- Significant depth and breadth of business knowledge and experience from the Medical Device or Pharma Industry is preferred
- In-depth knowledge of local market, including legal and regulatory preferred
- Ability to deal with high-level opinion leaders
- Established track record to successfully lead sales organizations
- Ability to build strong internal network and ability to collaborate across functions and country borders
- Ability to structure and clearly present business information in reviews
- Relationship-builder, customer-focused and process-oriented person that has strong business acumen
- Fluency in English and Danish, both written and spoken
- Computer savvy
- Flexible work hours and home-based office
- A passionate and professional team
- Independence in driving the Danish market
- A varied function with international contacts within a company with an important social contribution in a value driven organization
- An informal working atmosphere, dynamic corporate culture and an environment that lets you grow and develop
Primary Work LocationDNK Lyngby - Firskovvej
Recommendto a friend
"I like being able to make a difference. Working at BD is an opportunity where the products save lives every day."
Current Employee - Anonymous, Limerick