Director Global Accounts
Job Description SummaryAbout BD
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We support the heroes and heroines on the frontlines of health care by developing innovative technology, services and solutions that help advance both clinical therapy for patients and clinical process for health care providers.
About Pharmaceutical Systems
With innovative pre-fillable syringes, self-injection systems, safety systems and needle technologies, the Pharmaceutical Systems Business Unit offers an extensive selection of solutions designed to protect, package and deliver drug therapies including vaccines.
Pharmaceutical Systems is one of the fastest growing businesses in BD, and in today's COVID world more than ever, we are so proud to enable our customers’ success with high quality and innovative drug delivery solutions that improve patient quality of life around the world!
About the role:
We are looking for a Global Account Director to manage one of our most strategic Pharmaceutical accounts, one of the largest pharmaceutical companies Worldwide.
Working with a cross-functional team including Regulatory Affairs, Quality, Marketing, Finance, Supply Chain, and Technical Service, this role is responsible for representing all the company's pharmaceutical products and services required by the account. By driving strong account penetration, you will bring this well-established partnership to the next level.
The Global Account director:
- Meets the assigned objectives in terms of sales, profitability, and value creation targets for the specific Global Account.
- Identifies and develops new ways to transition the account to a more meaningful partnership, for example in the areas of innovation, strategic marketing and services.
- Leads the account planning process to identify mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical achievements.
- Establishes productive, professional relationships with key partners in the assigned global account with the ultimate goal to increase dependency, Share of Wallet, and Return On Investment.
- Is engaged in the development of tools and processes that will improve demand management and, overall, customer experience.
- Develops and maintains extensive knowledge of competitors to anticipate the impact in the market and for the customer account.
- Builds proactive risk mitigation plans, proactively assessing, clarifying, and validating customer needs and satisfaction on a continuous basis.
We seek someone used to working with complex, global accounts within a B2B environment.
You will be experienced in Customer Relationship Management and Customer Program Management, with a proven track record of problem-solving on behalf of customers.
You will have excellent relationship-building skills, able to lead diverse and multi-cultural teams and encourage collaboration, overcoming organizational and interpersonal barriers.
Experience working with Pharmaceutical Customers, particularly with top 10 pharma, is preferred by not essential.
Other key qualities include:
- Significant experience driving strategic sales in a business-to-business sales environment.
- Experience working within a complex, matrixed environment.
- Experience working with international teams.
- You are proficient in English and preferably in French.
- You have a strong background in financial and operational management.
- You will be based in France, UK or Belgium, with willingness to travel to our Pont-de-Claix HQ regularly (2-3e days a week) for the initial period.
Does leading one of this Business Unit's most strategically important accounts, in a highly cross functional role sound like your ideal next career move? If so, then hit APPLY today!
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationFRA Le Pont-de-Claix Cedex
Additional LocationsBEL Erembodegem - Dorp 86
Recommendto a friend
"I like being able to make a difference. Working at BD is an opportunity where the products save lives every day."
Current Employee - Anonymous, Limerick