Employee Relations Lead - EMEA
Job Description Summary
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
About Employee Relations at BD
Our growing Employee Relations team provides advice and counsel to managers and employees on a variety of employee relations and/or labor relations and management issues.
About the role
Reporting into the Global Director, Employee Relations and with a dotted line to VP HR EMEA, you will shape and develop the function across the region, leading the next chapter in our journey to creating a world-class Employee Relations function across EMEA.
You will lead the team, advance the function, provide employee relations support to the business, and advance BD’s culture in partnership with other COE leaders and partners in the region. Sitting on the EMEA HR Leadership team, you will play a major role in achieving our regional HR strategic roadmap. As a key member of the global Employee Relations team, you will be a contributor to standardizing and evolving the function across all of BD.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Leading the expansion and development of the COE in the region
- Providing leadership and day-to-day direction, hands-on support, and developmental guidance to a team of Employee Relations Advisors and Managers
- Developing, communicating, and implementing employee/labor relations processes, approaches, guidelines, practices and operating procedures
- Acting as a critical issue point for HRBPs and Employee Relations Advisors on complex cases and terminations
- Conducting internal investigations of high complexity/risk, documents findings and making recommendations to management. Acting as critical issue investigator for investigations that may require additional examination.
- Staying current on employee and labor relations/employment law trends
We are seeking an Employee Relations leader with a true passion for the function. This role is about building and developing, so we are looking for someone bold and innovative with an energetic and engaging approach.
You have extensive employee relations investigation experience, including managing a wide variety of sophisticated, high-risk and critical employment-related cases from intake to investigation to resolution. You can coach and develop a team, effectively lead through change, and can successfully communicate and influence across a variety of partner groups.
Other key competencies include:
- Work in a fast-paced, vibrant environment with the ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills and ability to effectively communicate to all levels of management across various functional areas and geographies
- Strong analytical skills and ability to exercise good judgment based on policies, procedures, practices, risk factors and precedent
- Knowledge of employment law
- Experience supporting Senior Business Unit, Function or Region leadership level client groups
This role can be based in any of our major sites across EMEA: Ireland, Winnersh (UK), Pont-de-Claix (France), Erembodegem (Belgium), Heidelberg (Germany) or Wroclaw (Poland).
Click on apply if this sounds like you!
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationGBR Winnersh - Eskdale Road
Additional LocationsBEL Erembodegem - Dorp 86, DEU Heidelberg - Tullastrasse, FRA Le Pont-de-Claix Cedex, IRL Drogheda - Donore Rd, IRL Dun Laoghaire - Pottery Road, IRL Limerick - Castletroy, IRL Wexford - Enniscorthy, POL Wroclaw - Legnicka
Recommendto a friend
"I like being able to make a difference. Working at BD is an opportunity where the products save lives every day."
Current Employee - Anonymous, Limerick