Global Business Director, Prefillable Systems
Job Description SummaryABOUT BD
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We support the heroes and heroines on the frontlines of health care by developing innovative technology, services and solutions that help advance both clinical therapy for patients and clinical process for health care providers.
ABOUT PHARMACEUTICAL SYSTEMS
With innovative pre-fillable syringes, self-injection systems, safety systems and needle technologies, the Pharmaceutical Systems Business Unit offers an extensive selection of solutions designed to protect, package and deliver drug therapies including vaccines. Pharmaceutical Systems is one of the fastest growing businesses in BD, and in today's COVID world more than ever, we are so proud to enable our customers’ success with high quality and innovative drug delivery solutions that improve patient quality of life around the world!
About the role:
This strategic commercial position sits at the intersection between multiple functions and has a truly global remit.
Reporting to the VP/GM, Pharmaceutical Systems and as a member of the Prefillable Syringe Platform (PFS) Leadership Team, the Global Business Director provides the strategic direction to a c.$440M Therapeutic Segment.
You will be accountable for crafting & presenting the vision, strategy and on-time commercialization and ramp-up of new business opportunities in PFS. You will lead portfolio planning and product development, and have matrix cross functional leadership of R&D, Marketing, Operations, Quality, and Sales.
Other responsibilities include:
- Financial performance and leading annual planning process to define and communicate global business strategy
- Overseeing product development and operational direction for the product/therapeutic segment, and influencing multifunctional resources to accomplish business objectives.
- Developing and executes competitive strategies based on thorough competitive intelligence and market analysis. Drives understanding of Global customer knowledge and needs around the product/platform area.
- Partnering and collaborates with regional business leaders, R&D, Regulatory Affairs, Medical Affairs, Quality, Manufacturing, Business Development & Planning and other functions to ensure development and execution of business and product strategy.
- Identifying and maintaining strong relationships with customers & key opinion leaders.
We are looking for a leader within Medical Technology, Life Sciences, Pharmaceuticals or Biotech space.
You will have a track record in commercialization excellence and leadership. Importantly, you will be a creative, out of the box problem solver with a growth orientated mentality.
- Established foundation of leadership credibility based on integrity and a record of achievement in delivering large and/or multiple projects and influencing business outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to conceive, develop and implement commercial strategies, convert these into tactical marketing plans and deliver results.
- Strong leadership skills with an ability to set a vision, lead change and to mentor others. Cultivates a team where associates speak up when important information or questions must be raised and takes action when issues must be addressed.
- Sound decision-making capabilities and the ability to take decision in absence of consensus when necessary.
- Ability to develop strong relationships with key opinion leaders, customers, and potential or existing business partners.
- Ability to utilize organizational channels, experience and influencing skills to persuade others of the course of action, facilitate successful project implementation and effective implementation.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills for a wide variety of audiences, including senior management.
- Ability to work across all global regions at both an executive and tactical sales/marketing level
Does the idea of leading a rapidly growing business platform, with a global and cross functional remit sound interesting? Then please hit APPLY!
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationFRA Le Pont-de-Claix Cedex
Recommendto a friend
"I like being able to make a difference. Working at BD is an opportunity where the products save lives every day."
Current Employee - Anonymous, Limerick