Senior DevOps Engineer
Job Description Summary
We are looking for a DevOps engineer who’s made their mark in Software Engineering. As a software engineer, you drove quality through principles and best practices. At the same time, you saw the value of continuous integration and deployment and had a desire to contribute. You feel the need to make things faster and more efficient. That is, you don’t just work hard; you work smart. You are a champion of continuous improvement and can influence change. You lead by example in both Dev and Ops.
- Work very closely and integrated with the Development community to adopt culture change.
- Together with a team of engineers, enable streamlined software development, by managing and owning the entire automated build pipeline, DevOps toolchain and associated test environments from source control to software delivery.
- Work with peer technical leaders and their teams to enable engineers to seamlessly create CI/CD pipelines for their software components.
- Focus on continuously improving the DevOps tooling and software delivery processes.
- Own and maintain highly reliable environments and toolchain with clear communication and timelines of any disruptions to internal stakeholders.
- Leverage industry standard techniques and processed to help enable and provide better feedback to the development community.
- Monitor and continually improve the capacity of our production environments infrastructure
- Investigate and fix performance and scalability bottlenecks
- Experience in an object-oriented programming language (Java, C++, C# etc..)
- Extensive experience in maintaining and managing software build infrastructure. (Jenkins, TravisCI, TFS, TeamForge etc.)
- Experience with container technology and subsequent technologies, Docker, Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, Amazon ECS, Azure Service Fabric, Harbour, Helm, Packer, Terraform.
- Extensive experience creating, maintaining and supporting automated build pipelines.
- Excellent knowledge of version control and source control management (Subversion, TFVC, Git)
- Experience in deploying, managing and maintaining at least 2 of the following SCM toolchain such as Jenkins, Artifactory, SonarQube, Nexus, TFS
- Experience in scripting languages such as bash and python.
- Experience and knowledge of Microsoft system administration and networking.
- Knowledge of test driven development, software configuration management and automated testing.
- Experience in managing a VMware based virtualization environment or similar.
- Undergraduate degree in computer science, IT, software engineering or similar
- Strong understanding of programming skillsets, structure and Versioning.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Software Engineering roles
- Strong working knowledge of MSBuild.
Highly Desirable Requirements
- Experience with system’s management technologies such as Puppet, Ansible, Salt or Chef.
- Experience in managing an automated build pipeline for a mixed set of software assets.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Experience using Wix and/or InstallShield.
Primary Work LocationIRL Limerick - Castletroy
Recommendto a friend
"I like being able to make a difference. Working at BD is an opportunity where the products save lives every day."
Current Employee - Anonymous, Limerick