Software Engineer III
Job Description Summary
Excited to grow your career?
We value our talented employees, and whenever possible strive to help one of our associates grow professionally before recruiting new talent to our open positions. If you think the open position you see is right for you, we encourage you to apply!
Our people make all the difference in our success.
Are you ready to make a difference in this world? Do you want to be part of a team that develops ground-breaking medical and biotechnology services and devices? One person can make a singular difference in saving and improving lives. At BD, we are looking for amazing, passionate and dedicated people like you. BD, a company standing on 120 years of innovation in medical technology, is currently recruiting talented individuals to join our new Research and Development (R&D) Centre of Excellence in Limerick. BD’s purpose is to advance the world of health. As part of our team, you will be on the forefront of creating and developing specialized devices, software solutions and systems to help others. Our new Centre in Limerick provides you with cutting edge technology and a creative environment to be inspired to tap into your inner genius. You are the one who can make the difference. Join us and be a crucial part of advancing the world of health!
Be the Difference in Software Engineering
BD is looking for a highly talented Software Engineer with a passion for delivering software products supporting the patient care continuum to join their Biosciences function. You are self-motivated, innovative and confident in developing differentiating solutions. You are a strong team member and collaborate effectively with your project team to achieve a high quality products within the scheduled work. You are experienced in full software development lifecycle and adherence to a quality management system.
As a Software Engineer
· Apply your software engineering prowess to creating powerful, fluid representations of the results from our life science research and clinical solutions in the growing fields of flow cytometry.
· Innovate at all levels of our products from instrument control, through a well-architected app, to a modern front-end. You will work with like-minded professionals to create the highest quality software solutions.
· Be capable of working independently to specify, plan, design, develop, test and support software components, and also have the capacity to mentor others including presenting/participating in design reviews and code inspections
· Translate requirements into design and implementation of well-structured and documented software components; anticipate system faults, failures, or unusual events, ensuring software adequately mitigates identified risks, and develop automated unit test cases to assure software meets the design criteria
· Adhere to all BD Life Sciences development policies and software quality procedures
· BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related Engineering discipline with a minimum of 4 years relevant experience in software development.
· Understanding of software development lifecycle methodologies, including Agile and SAFe.
· Experience in C#, WCF, gRPC, ASP.NET & WPF
· Experience in Unity , mocking and unit testing framework
· Databases such as MS SQL Server, Entity Framework and/or LINQ
· Developing Service-Oriented Architectures and Restful Interfaces
· Good understanding of desktop application developmentand WebAPIdevelopment
· Strong in TDD, Design Patterns and SOLID principles
· Additionally, experience with C++ would be an advantage
· Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills are essential
· Experience working in a regulated (FDA) environment with medical instrumentation is a plus
The successful candidate will have a minimum level 8 degree in Computer Science or related discipline. You will have 2+ years software development experience using a modern OOO language and experience working in a large cross functional multinationalorganisation. You must also possess strong leadership and communication skills.
Primary Work LocationIRL Limerick - Castletroy
Recommendto a friend
"I like being able to make a difference. Working at BD is an opportunity where the products save lives every day."
Current Employee - Anonymous, Limerick