Learning and Development Leader
Job Description Summary
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
The Diabetes Care (DC) team use deep expertise and sophisticated technologies to continuously innovate our pen needles, insulin syringes and other products to enable people who are living with diabetes to benefit from comfortable, effective Diabetes Care. We offer some of the world’s leading devices for insulin injection and award-winning educational programs to help people with diabetes help themselves.
Our site in Drogheda is commencing a major upgrade and refurbishment of all facilities. In addition to this investment there are several new lines being brought into production. This BD facility is the only one globally which manufactures one of our new PosiFlush™ products.
The Learning and Development Leader is primarily responsible for the site learning function which involves the management, co-ordination, documentation of associate training and development. Emphasis will be placed on guaranteeing adherence to regulatory requirements and development of the associates’ skills and knowledge to meet the company’s strategic objectives.
The Learning and Development Partner will also hold responsibility for the implementation of associate leadership and skills development programmes in conjunction with BD Talent Management Centre of Excellence.
Partner across different functions and business units, as well as with external vendors, this individual will have the opportunity to partner across the globe at a senior level of the organisation. To implement a new solution, this role will act as a strong change agent and be required to engage senior leaders to gain consensus and support of the solution.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Own the Learning function at the Drogheda Plant to ensure that training is planned, effective, consistent and recorded to meet legislative, regulatory and company requirements.
- Conduct regular Learning & Development Needs Analysis to identify requirements based on Organisational and Departmental objectives.
- Prepare and execute an annual Learning and Development plan for approval by the Site Leadership Team that optimises available training resources to meet business goals and strategic objectives.
- Lead all aspects of training programmes that include web-based seminars, printed manuals, group sessions, training videos, and more
- Co-ordinate training activities in the BD Drogheda plant and report on compliance to the Drogheda Plant LT aligned to a multifaceted learning and team culture.
- Management and development of the C2C Learning Management System to optimise the recording, assigning and tracking of training and to maintain compliance with all requirements.
- Partner with Leaders to ensure robust learning and development plans are tailored to each role requirement
- Collaborate with BD University and the Leadership Team to ensure ongoing leadership development through a robust site learning action plan.
- Support the site Continuous Improvement function through the development of a CI Training Programme as well as promoting employee engagement with CI requirements including BDPS.
To be successful in this role, you should be able to demonstrate:
Experience owning the Learning and Development Programme and strategically plan and implement all vital training for existing and future associates as the business grows.
This position requires a third Level Qualification in Human Resources, Business or Science/Engineering Field with 5 years’ experience in a similar role. Previous experience of working in an ISO and an FDA regulated environment would be an advantage.
Why join us?
A career at BD means that you are part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here you can fulfill your life’s purpose through the work that you do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit https://emea.jobs.bd.com/
Primary Work LocationIRL Drogheda - Donore Rd
Recommendto a friend
"I like being able to make a difference. Working at BD is an opportunity where the products save lives every day."
Current Employee - Anonymous, Limerick