Job Description SummaryThe ideal candidate should have at least 3-5 years of experience on a similar position/role, working in commercial business or similar environment. Any prior experience from the auditing field will be considered an asset.
Qualified candidates should have:
• Deep knowledge of local statutory accounts (strong knowledge on Italian GAAP).
• Strong understanding of accounting controls and processes (SOX, accounts reconciliations etc).
• Flexibility to travel
• Knowledge of US GAAP and/or IFRS.
• Analytical, financial and planning skills.
• Understanding of local tax laws and deferred taxation.
• A degree in Economics, Business or Finance. An MSc in Accountancy or ACCA certification will be considered a plus.
• Computer skills. Advanced with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and Powerpoint and familiar with the use of ERPs (SAP and JDE).
• Fluent in written and spoken English.
• Excellent communications, technical and presentation skills.
• Attitude to team work and result orientation.
• Strong Customer Focus.
• Drive for results.
• Critical Thinking
Reporting to the Accounting supervisor, the successful candidate will ensure the effectiveness of the administrative and accounting operations, in compliance with deadlines, and contribute to sound administrative, civil and fiscal compliance of the Company.
- Collaborate mainly with the Accounting & Tax Supervisor for the application of the general objectives and business management.
- Secure adherence to the company’s directives, group policies and local laws.
- Ensure the accuracy of the accounting data, for statutory and US books.
- Ensure the accuracy on VAT reporting
- Process reporting for Corporate and local management in a timely manner (monthly, quarterly and yearly reporting).
- Oversee the keeping and updating of company’s accounting books and the keeping of legal and tax books and archives.
- Collaborate in the preparing of the annual financial statements, tax declarations and related reports.
- Coordinate with BD’s Shared Service Center and Center of Excellent the different transactional and accounting activities performed in these sites Support external and internal audits.
- Cooperate with external partner on payroll and other employees’ related matters.Ensure accurancy of the monthly account reconciliations
You’ll also need commitment to professional self-development and the ability to apply learning proactively.
If this describes you and your career aspirations, then please click on the APPLY button.
Primary Work LocationITA Milano - Via Enrico Cialdini
Recommendto a friend
"I like being able to make a difference. Working at BD is an opportunity where the products save lives every day."
Current Employee - Anonymous, Limerick